BBox tracing

VeTaL

Just a fast question.

Is there a simple way to make bounding box tracing?

I know, i can create spheres/bodies, parent them to entities and set trace filter to catch them... but maybe it exists something like AdvancedTrace, which has a parameter for bounding box tracing?

Working on LeaFAQ :)

Well, actually i found that clicking exactly on entities from far distances is not too useable (like here).

Its hard to click exactly on the tree or on solider (what is even harder, because bots are smaller and they are moving).

So, i got an idea of creation kinda invisible sphere around each entity, so it would be easier for user to select something. But at first, i'm wondering if there already exists working solution :rolleyes:

Well, nica idea, Rick.. but actually, unit selection is not needed for gameplay, as i'm counting on indirect control.

I planned to show some historical pages from wiki, while clicking on bots.

Looking like i need either to play with scale (make peoples almost the same size as building, like in Majesty) and make large bounding boxes/spheres, or drop this idea with clicking

1323082773-clip-75kb.jpg

red is the size of the unit, blue is the size of the door :rolleyes: