Hello... aaaaaand Good Bye probably...

MrValentine

If you like the 3D engine, don't be disappointed by someone.

Stick with it , use it and make something great with it, it's your project that matters not people posts that you couldn't like smile.png

Thank you... goes to show there are genuinely nice people on here... but unfortunately it was not just anybody that posted or well said something to me that put me off...

"Josh, on 23 January 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Most of the forums are for registered developers only.

Then You replied:

This has no logic whatsoever what does this mean? and whats with the hostility? is that how you treat all new members? sheesh... really know how to make somebody feel welcome... "

And now I say:

Now I'm assuming that what was said was in a PM or something but I can see where it originated as above.....

Judging by the way you reacted to this simple statement I'm not surprised. There is nothing hostile about what Josh said here... and I'm guessing everything escalated from there.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

"Josh, on 23 January 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Most of the forums are for registered developers only.

Then You replied:

This has no logic whatsoever what does this mean? and whats with the hostility? is that how you treat all new members? sheesh... really know how to make somebody feel welcome... "

And now I say:

Now I'm assuming that what was said was in a PM or something but I can see where it originated as above.....

Judging by the way you reacted to this simple statement I'm not surprised. There is nothing hostile about what Josh said here... and I'm guessing everything escalated from there.

in PM it was indeed...

I asked for help with this forum... and could not see where I could post aside from the first thing on the forum... then he bashed me for posting somewhere where I could... although his slight response to me saying I could not figure out much was Gotcha... that was not an apology for him being rude... I accept it was late and he was tired... well I would accept a mod being like that but the actual owner and a person who should know better about treating new people on a forum better than anything specially as HE SET IT UP so spotting me being new should ahve been easy... I hope i can look past this and maybe consider trying to get past all the hidden facts on this companys software and maybe one day invest in it... but being treated so harshly like that does not help... I do hope he apologises for his misconduct soon...

How is telling you "Most of the forums are for registered developers only." being rude?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

How is telling you "Most of the forums are for registered developers only." being rude?

in PM it was indeed...

From what I can gather it was the things said in a PM which prompted this thread.

@MrValentine, ​Josh can be harsh sometimes but this really is a good engine if you know how to program. It's very easy to work with.

Well, as all we know is whats been allegedly said, which is "Most of the forums are for registered developers only." ... the question, How is telling you "Most of the forums are for registered developers only." being rude?, still stands ...

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Most of the forums are for registered developers only

I understand Josh, it's a deep hard task for him to bring up LE3D ,and the new mobile platforms.

He can't spend time , even minutes or spend time writting posts, with non developpers owners of the engine.

Registered developpers are priority after LE3D and mobile tasks.

Perhaps we could write some special section one day named "Non registered developpers" ?

But indeed , other people not developpers of the engine, will have lot more time to answer your questions.

There are very kind and nice people, that helped and given me a lot (with lot of patience also wink.png ) when i was very new to the engine ( even with sometimes repetitive or stupid questions ) !

My advice, would be :

Try the engine, if you appreacite it and like it , than buy it (it's not that incredibly expensive) !

And we will help ou indeed if you need.

Stop toying and make games

To be fair to MrValentine, he never really said that specific comment was rude. We were all assuming that's what he was talking about based on threads. Then based on his later comments we can infer that it was comments in a PM that led to this thread.

I guess he'd have to show us those comments so we could judge if it was rude, but I think we all know Josh can be a little rough around the edges sometimes. Clearly he has a right to since it's his engine. Good business or not he can do whatever he wants.

Guessing it won't matter in a couple hours as this thread will most likely be gone by then.

Your attitude is not helping your case. I would probably refund your purchase and ban you. Though I am a terrible business person.

Attitude? Have I swore yet? you sir have issues...

@ RICK thanks, appreciate level headedness ^^ unlike this guy above who has issies...

@ Marleys... you need to read a bit more...

Most of the forums are for registered developers only

THIS forum needs to learn english No offence to the nice guys...

I understand Josh, it's a deep hard task for him to bring up LE3D ,and the new mobile platforms.

He can't spend time , even minutes or spend time writting posts, with non developpers owners of the engine.

Registered developpers are priority after LE3D and mobile tasks.

No Offence intended but this bit is shear BS... Potential Customers are as valid as Current Clients... theres no such thing as PRIORITY in this factor... as a paying customer has paid... thus a dead income source compared to a potential customer as this is cash flow... Try to learn a little about business ethics before looking like a punter >.< no offence meant there buddy I know you are just trying to help :)

Perhaps we could write some special section one day named "Non registered developpers" ?

Thaus just plain stupidity talking there...

My advice, would be :

Try the engine, if you appreacite it and like it , than buy it (it's not that incredibly expensive) !

And we will help ou indeed if you need.

Thanks... but there is a critical flaw with the trial... its not exactly a trial... as the FULL SITE should be included otherwise I havent a clue what I am buying into... its like paying for a hooker... you see the pretty face {product images} you see the figure {Product test} but then you get to the business end of things and {no access to full forum} and you think to yourself oh right so I get what again for $200?

So aside from the slightly rude interaction this is kinda a n insult to a small degree of intelect... whats with all the secrecy... but it would help if there was a message making clear that I would need to be a paying customer or a registered developer which IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT TYOPE OF REGISTERED USER ACCOUNT... this site requires a little clarity... and no I am not stupid otherwise Would you still be reading this? go figure...

Guessing it won't matter in a couple hours as this thread will most likely be gone by then.

more reason for me to take my money elsewhere...

I believe there are some real nice peeps on here like Rick and umm others... I did not post the conversation as PM is meant to be well erm PM... I shall leave the decision for Josh...

I had been interested in using LW... but this has not helped much... I do hope he turns this around and shows a flower emoticon lol... I just need a simple explanation why he did not apologise when he had the opportunity and instead decided to doze off and throw an email address at me... I accept if he is busy I can fully understand being a developer myself... but he should know better than that...

And I think anyone with a bit of logic would make understanding there...

To be fair to MrValentine, he never really said that specific comment was rude.

Well, to be fair to Josh, it is the only comment that has been shown... and the intial response from MrValentine to it speaks a few volumes.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

I just need a simple explanation why he did not apologise

Beacause you have been acting like an arse?

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Please POLITELY take your bum elsewhere...

Nah ... I am going to have to RUDELY decline your request ....

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Mr Valentine this is a great forum full, on the whole, of great people who love this engine and work harmoniously with each other, but because of those who would pirate software and spoil it for everyone it had to be secured. Now whether you like or agree with that or not, it is the case. Maintaining this stance is doing you really no favours at all, you are not going to change that! If you purchase the engine you will be allowed access, if you don't you will not. There is nothing personal in this, its simply 'how things are'.

There is a 3DWS forum on the TGC site and in the absence of anything else here if you need to raise issues/discuss 3DWS with anyone including the creator then this is seemingly your best point of access. I hope we can draw this to some sort of closure as it is really achieving nothing.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Mr Valentine this is a great forum full, on the whole, of great people who love this engine and work harmoniously with each other, but because of those who would pirate software and spoil it for everyone it had to be secured. Now whether you like or agree with that or not, it is the case. Maintaining this stance is doing you really no favours at all, you are not going to change that! If you purchase the engine you will be allowed access, if you don't you will not. There is nothing personal in this, its simply 'how things are'.

There is a 3DWS forum on the TGC site and in the absence of anything else here if you need to raise issues/discuss 3DWS with anyone including the creator then this is seemingly your best point of access. I hope we can draw this to some sort of closure as it is really achieving nothing.

I understand your first statement somewhat but dissagree with part of it... hey thats life... I have no intention of saying LET ME IN...

I understand the bit about preventing Copyright and such.... but how do you think hollywood movies appear months inadvance online? [i smell internal buttocks here Marshal?]

So yet again pointless statements...

I have stated and aknowledge that there are amazing people on here RICK to mention one and seamingly you too... so please do not make it seem otherwise...

I do hope to continue using 3DWS and would love to raise a few questions in the use of LWE for the same processes as well as being used for the rendering engine... however... As there is a new release looming... I may be better off holding back for a while and perhaps looking to use that and pay for that instead?

As I figure it will not be an UNPAID upgrade right?

There is another 3D engine having lot more closed policy than LE2, where you must be register with a a detailled form.

Than they decide if they send you the trial of the engine , that seems to be indie price.

I also tried to say that they won't gather lot of people in that way, they responded me that this was their way, and it worked,

even if i liked it or not.

So with LE2 that's the same way, this is Josh choice , he is the author of the engine and he lead things as he wants indeed.

He's the man that put's lot of work behind the scene.

My advice could be : don't respond much on that thread,don't take all so personaly , just forget all that unconstructive discussions

and say just a simple goodbye ,even for people you don't like smile.png !

I it's just a forum , you'll never met perhaps peolple here in real, so no dishonnor or whatever !

If you buy the engine and come back :

I would suggest you to just change your user (or ask for a user change) if you buy the engine and come to the forums.

I also experimented like you some little war on some other 3D engine forum, because we've gone too far from anything that i took also too much personnaly. So I changed my user , take a new departure , exposed my work, aksed questions , suggested, encouraged people, and all was fine after.

And i appreciated my old ennemies wink.png

Stop toying and make games

I understand your first statement somewhat but dissagree with part of it... hey thats life... I have no intention of saying LET ME IN...

I understand the bit about preventing Copyright and such.... but how do you think hollywood movies appear months inadvance online? [i smell internal buttocks here Marshal?]

So yet again pointless statements...

I don't think watchers of pirated movies need additional help with that activity, whereas users of pirated development software frequently do. So if you, just for instance, were in possession of a pirate version of Leadwerks and needed help you'd be pretty pissed off by now having found that you don't have automatic access to all the forums knowledge! I somewhat think that was the point of the statement!

With regard your question, the cost of LE3 will be cheaper for current owners/purchasers of LE2 even when paying the upgrade cost than to people buying just LE3. No costs have actually been announced as yet though.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Hey Valentine, are you a troll? Whats with all the drama? This is a great board and the people here are really cool. Being a noob you should not be so bosh. If these guys turn on you it wont be long before you leave. I've seen them make grown men cry (it was pretty funny too ;))

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi"

Always~

Vickie ;)

seriously, you have been trolling this forum for almost 9 hours because of some perceived slight towards you? wow... that is just sad... someone needs to get a life...

You really have not made a good impression here. So instead of just asking your questions, you decided this was the best way to introduce yourself to this community? If this is what we can expect in the future from you, I will disagree with yougroove and concur with clackdor.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel