Include engine.h problem

DigitalHax

Hello. I am fairly new to the leadwerks engine. And upon my setup of a C++ project, on the first build it came up with the error,

"MyProject.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'engine.h': No such file or directory"

I did notice a few things different when i was setting up the project properties, extra parameters, etc, but i dismissed them because i am running 2010 version. I am sure i did everything right. Can someone help me solve this bug?

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

You will need to ensure either engine.h resides in your project root directory or your copy of 2010 includes this directory as part of its list of directories of include files. The include file is found under the CPP directory of the Leadwerks SDK. Setting a project up using the LEBuilder tool included in the SDK should prompt you for all the information you need to get an example LE project up and running.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

It's a very bad practice to copy C++ include files anywhere. The compiler won't find them anyway, because you need to specify the correct include directories in the compiler and/or project anyway, so just do that right and leave the files where they belong.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Metatron is right in as much that it is generally bad practice to copy the includes from their original directories and it is better to point the compiler to those, however he is factually incorrect to state that the compiler wouldn't find them as the preprocessor does indeed check the current directory. (The only exception to this I know of is in VS 2010 where if you use the angle bracket syntax as opposed to the quoted include syntax the current directory is omitted). Like all things in life there are sometimes situations where you might want a seperate copy of library files rather than pointing to a common repository which may be subject to unverified updates during your development cycle.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Thanks i got it working finally :( It was having trouble accesing the leadwerks sdk CPP folder, but i copied the mathlib header and engine header now it is fine. Thanks again.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.