AggrorJorn

resize the gizmo in the editor

When you work on large scale scenes, you sometimes want to move an object. When this object is far away, it's realy hard to select an axis of the gizmo. Perhaps it's possible to scale the Gizmo with the + and - keys.

Would be useful if it was drawn on screen at the same size regardless of how close or faraway you are from it.

I don't see why this is an issue, scaling is not functional at the moment. The gizmo size shouldn't affect your work as you shouldn't even change it.

Nevermind, I just read you were talking about far away objects. Then yes, you make a good point.

I'm replying because I think this feature can be real usefull to many of us. When I use larger models It is hard to position them with the small gizmo.

I'm replying because I think this feature can be real usefull to many of us. When I use larger models It is hard to position them with the small gizmo.

+

Ah I did this on my own gizmo. You just scale it with the distance from the camera multiplied by a general size. It might not be the best due to the perspective projection but I didn't see anything wrong till now.

Anyway: +

I am replying again here. Working with large objects is so frustrating with a small gizmo.

I also don't think that this is a feature request. It is more something that has to do with a good workflow inside the editor and thereby should be a part of the editor.

I am replying again here. Working with large objects is so frustrating with a small gizmo.

I also don't think that this is a feature request. It is more something that has to do with a good workflow inside the editor and thereby should be a part of the editor.

if Aggror wants it I support it too!

May be also useful a combination of keys, e.g.: holding down X, Y or Z and pressing UP/DOWN (or RIGHT/LEFT) arrows could gradually scale it in that dimension. For the gizmo, I think that could be nice if positioned at top-right of the scene (like it is on 3DSMAX if I remember well).

I think that could be nice if positioned at top-right of the scene (like it is on 3DSMAX if I remember well).

This is the so called "noob-cube" :)

Its one of the most useless stuff I've ever seen in 3dmax