Leadwerks vs Xors3D

nakof

The quality of an engine includes also that you can use the same engine on all platforms, because working with multiple engines is very expensive and time consuming.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

You get what you pay for. if its just a dll you will need other software to make game levels etc. Le could turn out to be the cheapest in the end.

EDIT:If you take a look at xor3d forum in general discussion you can see that there is some doubt about its future state.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Guest Red Ocktober

xors is ok... not as complete as leadwerks on a couple of points, but like someone said above, weigh the pros and cons for what you intend to do, and then decide...

good luck...

--Mike

Heh heh, good luck with xors3d, its not the engine, its the person that makes a good game. I chose the engine that is the most fun to use, if xors3d is best for you then its best for you. I wish you luck :(

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

Having a quick read of Xors3D forum it looks like the future of Xors3D is questionable. Apparently dev is seldom around.

Leadwerks does support X and JPG formats, but you've already decided.

Not sure how file format is a good way to determine which engine is better but anyway. There's a pretty dam good reason not to use jpeg's in games as well.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

Having a quick read of Xors3D forum it looks like the future of Xors3D is questionable. Apparently dev is seldom around.

it is not. I am familiar with the developer. He is also from Russia. Very often releases updates. this engine can be obtained free of charge, you only need to provide a working demo of the game!!!

Leadwerks does support X and JPG formats, but you've already decided.

Where does it say about this? If I had a lot of money, I would have bought Leadwerks too. I really like this engine.

I chose the engine that is the most fun to use

Xors3D is as simple as Leadwerks.

it is not. I am familiar with the developer. He is also from Russia. Very often releases updates. this engine can be obtained free of charge, you only need to provide a working demo of the game!!!

You sure?? http://area.xors3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=912

Status update as recent as 11 days ago says that the dev is looking for a full time job (elsewhere) and won't have as much time to develop for the engine. Granted he says he will be doing it but if it was me I'd be worried. Anyway good luck.

P.S. Not trying to rain on your parade just saying what I see.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

You sure?? http://area.xors3d.c...c.php?f=5&t=912

Status update as recent as 11 days ago says that the dev is looking for a full time job (elsewhere) and won't have as much time to develop for the engine. Granted he says he will be doing it but if it was me I'd be worried. Anyway good luck.

P.S. Not trying to rain on your parade just saying what I see.

sure. the developer is constantly on another forum. On Russian-language forum http://forum.boolean.name

Fun does not = simple. I like how Leadwerks is fun to use because of the flexibility and community, and I can make a game quickly with it, not because its "simple".

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

Quote the xors forum "I'm not worried. I'm pissed. Mainly at myself for not listening to my gut instinct telling me not to spend my money on a library that is maintained by one person.

Chosing Xors over LE doesnt seem like a winning decision to me.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

Virtually identical? Really? I don't think so.

Leadwerks has big community - Xors3D Community is small

Leadwerks is developed full time - Xors3D Developer is looking for a job...

Both engines are really good for the price. It is just that Leadwerks has more features/support for $200.

Virtually identical? Really? I don't think so.

Leadwerks has big community - Xors3D Community is small

Leadwerks is developed full time - Xors3D Developer is looking for a job...

Both engines are really good for the price. It is just that Leadwerks has more features/support for $200.

Many more differences but I don't need to list them.

1. there is not the Russian-speaking community. I do not speak English. (I wanted to create a Russian-speaking community, but the desire was gone along with the end of the demo version of the LE).

2. I do not need tools. I need only dll.

I think 30 days is heaps of time.

More than enough.

If you're not busy, it's a lot

Quote the xors forum "I'm not worried. I'm pissed. Mainly at myself for not listening to my gut instinct telling me not to spend my money on a library that is maintained by one person.

Chosing Xors over LE doesnt seem like a winning decision to me.

Hmmm, isn't LE a library maintained by one person rolleyes.gif

The one thing I don't understand though nakof, having bought Xors3D, why are you still frequenting these forums and posting instead of spending your time with your new game engine :D

• Upvote 2

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++