LE Community Project

AggrorJorn

hey, could you speak a lil about the game... the storyline, if there is any...

--Mike

We decided not to do this for the Tech demo since it isn't important at the moment. It is so easy to make the game more complex then it is. Although everyone agreed on the fact that a story is important, we want to wait with adding this to the game.

Guest Red Ocktober

i like that one Ro...

i usually tell my men... if it moves, shoot it... if it doesn'ty move, shoot it twice... biggrin.png

Rick, Agg... bashing zombies on the way to point B is enough of a storyline for me... looking good...

--Mike

I wonder if we should make a indiedb page? it would give us a bit of popularity and also not to mention leadwerks. Because apart from just working together this whole project is a bit of a skill showcase. Wouldn't it be great to share our talent with other developers?

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

Great work, Alvaro and Juan! Very professional and also inventive. tongue.png

Glad to have you guys on board. smile.png

I remember doing the same for sounds. Using household objects to record a variety of sounds, and then deform them, make them sound like something totally different. :)

Cheers

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Haha that's kinda funny. The reason those curves didn't turn out properly when you traced my original design the first time is because that design was a schematic design and not to scale in anyway. In fact I was just using paint.net to draw it roughly. Anyway looks good glad to see I could contribute in some way in the short time before I went full ball on my own project.

Anyway good job turning it into a proper model from the schematic.

peace out.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

Aggror can talk more about it, but basically we have the level being designed, weapon models being created, enemy models being created, music and sound fx being created, & the main menu/logo getting worked on. The coding front has the weapon system working but being fine tuned, some save features being coded, and soon some very basic AI.

Excellent. Have you got some milestones planned on the programming side? The thing that will make or break this is the weapon and zombie interaction.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...

You know i think it would be an appropriate time in our development to maybe make an indiedb page. I mean we are more than half way through our project and I heard that you cannot submit a completed/near completed game to indiedb. You need to show the development. Now it it entirely up to you guys, but I think it is now or never.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

You know i think it would be an appropriate time in our development to maybe make an indiedb page. I mean we are more than half way through our project and I heard that you cannot submit a completed/near completed game to indiedb. You need to show the development. Now it it entirely up to you guys, but I think it is now or never.

Agreed.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D