LE Community Project

AggrorJorn

Looks cool so far .. I am guessing the shiny looking skin will be fixed before the project is released right?

It is just an observation from the pic shadmar posted, figure that could be fixed with shaders or something ..

Just from a gamers perspective that would be an eye sore biggrin.png ..no offense to anyone working on this project..

good job guys!

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

SVN is at revision 250!

And BES, I agree. I'm sure the specular amount can be turned down, probably in the material file.

And you could also reduce the specular on the skin for the specular map

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

can you post a release version... i really dont want to have to install MSVC++ just to try this... and it appears that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistrutable package doesn't include the required dll either... so if you expect people other than c++ developers to run it, i'd suggest posting a release version...

http://social.msdn.m...de-fcbcaa7a23bb

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Whoooo - finally i can say it ... "midnight salsa" is an incredible stupid name. :D I would have liked "sox the game .... because you wear them too" better - Congrats on keeping the project release date.

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

well it starts up now and i can navigate the game menu, but when i start the game with the default settings i get just a white screen... i changed the settings and unchecked the bloom and anti-aliasing and i can see things now but the mouse/move keys dont appear to work... just left with a static camera... and then when i exit the game it gives a warning that the executable has stopped working...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Works for me on Windows XP with an ATI card, though I have VC2010 installed.

It does crash on exit for me, after printing "Terminate Function".

It's pretty fun! I got as far as the subway train so far. :D

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

well it starts up now and i can navigate the game menu, but when i start the game with the default settings i get just a white screen...

- Thanks for reporting. I do not immediately get a white screen. It happens with me after I reach the subway trains.

- When you quit the game, does it happen when you press the quit button, or when you close the window etc?

Ive tested compile using release instead of debug several times during the development, it always turns into white screen just hanging.

The debug version seems to work ok, but I guess it contains some VS2010 dependencies.

So next lecp have to be a pure lua project im afraid :)

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

Guest Red Ocktober

hey there guys... here's my experience...

debug version wouldn't run (missing components)... i got the release exe and it ran... no movement in the game and some resolutions wouldn't even work... simply got a static screen... i could exit...

i'm also getting a fault on exiting the app...

suggestions...

1 - seems as if you're compiling a console app... if there's no overriding reason for that, why not compile a Win app and get rid of the console window...

2 - have the splash screen come up immediately after the graphics context is set... looks better than having player sitting there staring at an empty window frame in anticipation...

--Mike

Thanks for the feedback everyone. There is a lot to do for us.

Debug and Release

The tech demo was build as a debug project. There is nothing wrong with it except for the part where you need a special dll installed on your computer. To prevent people from requiring this dll, we build the demo as a Release demo. Unfortunately this doesn’t work that good. When the level is loaded, the screen starts to the glow white. sad.png Anyone with the knowledge why this would occur is welcome to aid.

Respawn

The players respawn isn’t working correctly. This was working allready but is nog longer. This will be fixed for the next tech demo upload.

Reload

The players reload animation is no longer working correctly. This was working allready but is nog longer. This will be fixed for the next tech demo upload.

Double menu

The buttons of every menu that is created are not being removed due to the lack of destructors. These will be added.

Double level loading

Giant problem here. When you quit the level and go back to the main menu, the level itself is not removed. We have been trying several things here but haven’t been able to get right. Loading the level twice leads to numerous problems like massive frame drop, incorrect player behaviour and sounds playing double.

Exit error

Exiting the game makes it crash :S

and more....

So lots of stuff to do this weekend

Jorn

Been away so just got to try this .... pretty cool if you ask me, sure you have some issues but I'm sure they'll get sorted out. I can see where your heading with this and it looks great!

• Upvote 2

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Been away so just got to try this ....

Yeah same here .. been busy ..didn't see that it was released ..

I just tested it out, runs great, I like it so far..

---------------------------------------------

Few minor issues I ran into though:

When you die the screen gets stuck .. even though you can hear sounds still when clicking restart

When you die and click on quit, it takes longer than usual to quit, it ends up at the main menu(probably as it should) ..but all the words are double(or duplicated..I guess) , 1 set does something and the other set does nothing..

It crashes on exit..

------------------------------------(basically the same stuff Aggror mentioned above)

I hope you guys continue with this project, well done..

BTW I jumped a few times because of unexpected zombies showed up behind me or jumped down from above.... it reminded me of Unreal ..lol ... so good job on the zombies biggrin.png

• Upvote 1

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

1. How is the fps on default settings?

2. What is your gear? CPU and GFX card

Something to consider :

The default setup includes all post effects (they should be turned off all of them, hdr and bloom excluded) even godrays are enabled (and we don't have a sun :/ )

The trainhall have many pointlights, wich on my GTX560M each knock off about 5 fps.

The zombie used to hog fps when chasing, I think this is fixed, but I'm not sure since I couldn't reproduce it.

Did anyone manage to kill everything without dying ?

Something for next stage (if it's continued)

1. The assembla site is very useful, but using a googledrive in combination, doesn't work very well, people forget to update from the GD and when the scene.sbx is edited, stuff just vanishes from the scene. This was relly annoying... Keep everything in the SVN. (or commit dummy models so devs see that they need a GD sync)

2. Store player and monster data on the entities (health,ammo, etc..) It's hell to figure out the classes and where to access all data which slows down development (or maybe I'm just too stupid for hardcore oop c++ :-) )

3. Assets created are really great, the artists are really talented :)

name='shadmar' timestamp='1346480144' post='46315']

1. How is the fps on default settings?[/b]

800x600

2012-09-01 00:13:16 - MidnightSalsa
Frames: 25000 - Time: 252051ms - Avg: 99.186 - Min: 45 - Max: 223

1280x1024

2012-09-01 00:23:55 - MidnightSalsa
Frames: 28693 - Time: 284218ms - Avg: 100.954 - Min: 50 - Max: 203

1920x1080

2012-09-01 00:34:06 - MidnightSalsa
Frames: 23124 - Time: 235203ms - Avg: 98.315 - Min: 43 - Max: 248

1920x1080 full screen with every setting enabled except vsync

2012-09-01 00:45:02 - MidnightSalsa
Frames: 17197 - Time: 182833ms - Avg: 94.059 - Min: 52 - Max: 136

The FPS seems to be very good on all the settings, no drops during combat.

name='shadmar' timestamp='1346480144' post='46315'][/b]

2. What is your gear? CPU and GFX card

CPU: AMD FX-8150

RAM: 16gigs DDR3 1866

Graphics card: HD7870(1050/1200mhz ) crossfire disabled (catalyst 12.8 drivers)

Ran game from drive C ..its a 128gig SATA3 SSD

name='shadmar' timestamp='1346480144' post='46315'][/b]

Did anyone manage to kill everything without dying ?

Nope ..on all the tests I ended up dying at the train(subway cars...whatever) ..