The Ocean thread (the new one)

shadmar

That seamless tiling is 100% awesome sauce.

I'm currently writing a chapter on water features in Unity, UDK and other engines and all the time I can't help but compare them to your shader. Visually this has enormous bang per buck. If the physical interaction can be worked one it's going onto the shelf of "I can't believe it's not from a AAA game".

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

0.8 uploaded.

• -Added normalmaps and foam maps from Pure3D
  • -Fixed tiling, tiles perfectly on 512
  • -Added normalmap and foam slightly scroll sine curve
  • -Added color controls for shallow and depth
  • -Normalmap animated shifting xz every second.

• Upvote 2

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

Guest Red Ocktober

absolutely magnificent... still playing around with the settings, but so far, looks like a great improvement...

one thing to note...

while in the previous version of the shader i had the luxury of switching back and forth between Leadwerks 2.43 and 2.5, this latest version only works properly with leadwerks 2.5 (i can't seem to set the colors properly in 2.43)... not a problem though...

Thanks just doesn't seem to be enough...

--Mike

Guest Red Ocktober

hhhmmmm... looking again... will do a clean install...

i wound up updated the 2.43 sdk files (i had modded some of the files in shader.pak and a few other things)...

working fine now...

--Mike

I really like it. Getting a slider whore in the properties roll-out but better to have some more sliders to play with as less. :)

What are the minimum specs a system need to display this shader? Thinking of doing a beach scene with my house I work on. But I'm afraid people with older systems dont see the ocean.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

• 1 month later...

May be it is a Bulldozer CPU issue, because for example for being able to play Crysis and Crysis Warhead, systems with Bulldozer CPU need and update. Does your component have a log or something like that? Editor itself has a log but because I cannot shutdown it correctly (it locks up and never respond back) the log couldn't be flushed onto disk. I have another system with Phenom CPU, I'll try with it tonight. Everything will be same on configuration but CPU and board will be different. I'll post back the result.

Works for me.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Our configurations are almost the same, just mine is 8x Bulldozer and I run on Windows Vista. Strange situation really... I don't know what could cause such an issue. All other scripts and LE features work properly. May be I installed it wrong, is there anything I should do except copying that folder into Models folder?

Yeah I solved it. When I first set up this machine, from Catalyst Control Center I have adjusted some settings. When they were in "application controlled" state, I forced them to maximum quality option. Now I reseted everything back to original, everything worked. By the way, that component is very very nice,far better than it looks on video. Great job! Thanks to everyone who contributed.

• Upvote 1