..episode 2 art style..

Naughty Alien

I like this, looks less outlined than the initial art style although I liked that too.

My only criticism of the first episode so far has been:

• Some very small trigger areas in places which were easily missed and seemed unnecessarily small

• The poor path execution when 'run' was selected over any distance (actually made me laugh out loud the first time I saw it).

Otherwise a pretty amazing first offering NA with some great animation and cut scenes and some lovely little puzzles (the catch the flowers one being particularly noteworthy). Looking forward to episode two smile.png

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I like it. It looks a little more cartoonish and less grainy, but it's a different kind of "cartoonish" than WoW and Diablo. It's like a really good painting of a Dr. Seuss book.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

This looks really great! This is probably the best work I've seen in LE!

By the way, how many people are you working with on this?

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

..hey guys..thanks a lot for feedback..yeah, entire art is changed a bit, few new shaders are plugged in to get this visual style..characters looks different too, and i hope for good :) .. areas of interest will be now much more detailed without long transversing, there is physics fluid involved (jelly glue) and corrections over things done wrong in first episode..

@Pixel

Yes, some pixel hunting is present in EP1, most of it was corrected in latest patch, but some are just bad design, simple as it is..also, im not sure about 'poor path execution', in terms what does it mean..path was always correct if im not mistaken and character automatically slow down when reach destination..eventually on few places there is 'zig-zag' present, but its because navigation surface is done with unnecessary triangles..other than that, it was okay, i think..

@Digital Hax

We are small studio, but for art itself, im working with only 1 guy, with inputs from other folks, but you can sum it up as work of 2 persons only..

@Digital Hax

We are small studio, but for art itself, im working with only 1 guy, with inputs from other folks, but you can sum it up as work of 2 persons only..

Why is it when you do the credits on the game does it list about 50 people? The list just kept going on and on with people.

Why is it when you do the credits on the game does it list about 50 people? The list just kept going on and on with people.

..because many people work on inputs given by very few..if everybody performing its own way of doing things, it will be chaos..execution itself, yes, all those listed people were involved, but at decision level, it has to be very few people..studio has 27 folks on board..some people listed in credits are from outher studios (sound, voice acting, etc), so its not all us..

@Pixel

Yes, some pixel hunting is present in EP1, most of it was corrected in latest patch, but some are just bad design, simple as it is..also, im not sure about 'poor path execution', in terms what does it mean..path was always correct if im not mistaken and character automatically slow down when reach destination..eventually on few places there is 'zig-zag' present, but its because navigation surface is done with unnecessary triangles..other than that, it was okay, i think..

I'll post a video example later NA, its not a big issue I wasn't meaning to be hyper critical, it just looked really bad and stood out seeing that the quality of everything else was so good!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

As promised NA, a video demonstrating the path finding issue I found in several places in the game.

As you can see the initial walk sequence is fine but double click the left mouse to have the character run back and ... well you can see the result:

http://youtu.be/i30Yps2YVKE

It's a lot easier to see when you click 'Watch on You Tube' and view full screen @720p resolution!

..ahh..that was not a bug..actually that pathfind lib syncing character on to its proper position since frame rate is very low..otherwise it will go off the 'charts' :) ..calculated distance to travel/set sensor is smaller than distance character was moved so it was corrected..its kind a 'safety' feature, in case frame rate is low, what is case in provided video..its about..few FPS, i guess..

Guest Red Ocktober

this looks really great... any of the objections that i may've had with the earlier version have disappeared...

this has a totally different look to it... cartoony... yet somehow, different... more engaging...

--Mike

..ahh..that was not a bug..actually that pathfind lib syncing character on to its proper position since frame rate is very low..otherwise it will go off the 'charts' smile.png ..calculated distance to travel/set sensor is smaller than distance character was moved so it was corrected..its kind a 'safety' feature, in case frame rate is low, what is case in provided video..its about..few FPS, i guess..

Yes, I totally accept that NA. Sorry for wasting your time. The game is currently installed on my wife's internet PC which isn't particularly high spec but appeared to play the game reasonably well. Having gone back and checked with fraps I'm only getting 12 fps at this point and would hazard a guess that the other places I saw this were at a similar frame rate. The game plays so smoothly on the whole it wasn't even apparent, it just seemed to be in these run situations. As you say, under low frame rates you have to do something to prevent your character from deviating from its path. I'll take the video down as people may find it in searches for Hoodwink and that's hardly fair!