(Newbie Alert) Leadwerks Related Questions inbound

HeadClot88

Hey, everyone

I am fairly new in this community I have just a few questions regarding LeadWerks.

What Platforms does LeadWerks support? The main platform that I want to develop on is Android. More Specifically the Ouya which will come out in March 2013. And is a Android powered console.

What Programming Languages does LeadWerks support?

What 3D Model Formats does LeadWerks Support?

What Physics engine does LeadWerks use? (PhysX, Havok, Bullet, etc)

Thank you for your time :)

Ben

What Platforms does LeadWerks support? The main platform that I want to develop on is Android. More Specifically the Ouya which will come out in March 2013. And is a Android powered console.

The new engine supports iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac.

What Programming Languages does LeadWerks support?

C++ and Lua are what most people use.

What 3D Model Formats does LeadWerks Support?

FBX, Collada, OBJ, and a couple others.

What Physics engine does LeadWerks use? (PhysX, Havok, Bullet, etc)

Physics are built on the new Newton 3.0, but are a modular component that can be replaced with other libraries.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

When will the new engine be ready?

Do you have a (Semi) Solid ETA?

We're getting close.

I am also guessing that It will retain allot of the features of the Current version of leadwerks. Correct me if I am wrong.

I'm trying to focus on three things with the first release of the new engine:

-Support for gameplay mechanics (script system, flowgraph, integrated pathfinding)

-Really good editor (built-in level design tools, easy art pipeline)

-Multiplatform support (Launching for four platforms on day one)

There will be some features LE2 has that the new engine initially lacks, but I already know how to do them, and they are planned for further down the road. We're progressing in the order it makes sense to develop.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Ok, I am terribly sorry for all these questions -

Will my projects that I am using with the Current Available Version of LeadWerks be compatible with the New engine?

I have the evaluation kit and I am using that for the moment until I can get a Full License.

If you really want LE3, then buy LE2 if only for a cheaper upgrade. That's what I did, I used LE2 for one project that needed the terrain system, but I don't plan to use LE2 much more because I am focused on mobile development. So right now I am working on art so when I get LE3 I can get a game done quickly.

If you want to use LE3, then buy LE2 because it will be cheaper to upgrade.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

• 5 weeks later...