Bullethole decals

Arska134

Try using the alphatest shader instead of setting the blend to alpha.

Did you make sure the bullethole texture you are using is a power of 2?

And what do you mean holes working on a picked entity? Thats exactly what Daimour's and my examples are doing...

Alphatest instead of alpha blend shader:

texture0="abstract::bullethole.dds"
shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse_alphatest.frag"
overlay=1
zsort=1
clamp0=1,1

EDIT- from what I see either material will work (either alphatest or alpha blend) but you have to remove the bumpmap reference in the vert/frag shader assignment if you do not have a bumpmap texture assigned. Thats what is causing those lines to appear. See #2) in my post above.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I did some fixes you told me.

holesa.png

So now i can make bulletholes to that part of model where is no textures, but if i shoot everywhere else, bulletholes won't appear.

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

They are there, you just cannot see them because the decals are so small. The inherent train models that come with the LE SDK have mesh hierarchy. And these individual meshes have a scale applied to them for some reason instead of 1,1,1. I assume before exporting someone didn't reset the scaling or some such. If you make the radius of the decal like 3 or so you will see the decal, but then the decals will be waaaay over-sized for any other model. My only suggestion is to not use these models, at least not if you expect to place decals on them. My guess is that these models were done very early in the development of LE and something like this was never considered.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Thanks macklebee! I just noticed same thing when i was testing bulletholes to barrels. Thanks very much everyone! Now my bulletholes are finally working. :)

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax