Blender not exporting textures..

BES

I have had this problem before and forgot how to fix it.. I dont normally use blender

I modeled, UV mapped, textured a low poly building in Blender cycles mode for a city, I was trying to export the model for later use..

Every time I export its missing the textures I used(doesnt matter what file type I try to export), they are image textures, I tried to place the textures into the same folder ....but no joy.

I notice though that when I click on the actual textures tab nothing is there while in blender .. but there are textures in the material tab..

Soo do I have to do everything all over again to get things in the textures tab in order for blender to export the textures? ...I already combined all the parts.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/BES12000/TallBuilding2texturestab.jpg <-- pic of textures tab

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/BES12000/Tallbuilding2materialtab.jpg <-- pic of materials tab

Btw I eventually want to export the whole city in order to test it in Leadwerks..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

I am guessing this is a simple fix since no responders yet.. I figure a lot of you are using Blender since its free and can do everything 3Ds Max can do... and probably more..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

I need answer to this problem too. At the moment I am exporting models from Blender to another app for texturing.

From what I gather, if your in cycles mode there is no way to get Blender to export textures ..because you use "nodes" in the material tab to add all the image textures..

IF just using blender render mode you end up using both material and texture tabs and if the exported file doesnt export the texture files also..as far as I know all you would have to do is copy them all into the same folder as the exported model and everything should work..

I am not an expert, I know others here are ..but they dont seem to wanna post here smile.png to help us out ..

ATM im just gonna do my city the hard way without cycles..

• 3 years later...

Do not use Cycles -> it only works with the original internal Renderer switched on for me.

so you have to give your models a blender Material and Texture and then it exports at least the right materials smile.png

One Issue:

For me it exports Model, Material and Texture but it does not combine Material and Texture together..

I Wish the Material would be automatically assigned.. is there a workaround?

yours

Max Aigner

[if somebody asks this question again]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You cannot bake with Cycles. The only think you can bake out is light data. Just use Blender Render.

I'm sorry but that's just wrong.

You can do this ever since 2.71 ( current stable is 2.76 )

Baking in general can be a hazzle to set up, this addon (no affiliation)

https://cgcookiemarkets.com/all-products/baketool/

Makes it a breeze - I know a lot of people dont like the idea of paying for addons to free software, but unless your time is worthless it paying for it self :)

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k