Is this atm. possible with Leadwerks?

Yeah, it's possible even with LE2. Basically how it can be done is like this:

1) first have the car made with a few big physics blocks

2) when a big enough force impacts on the physics blocks, remove them and replace them with little physics blocks at each vertex of the mesh

3) let the deformation happen automatically with the impact force the original big block experienced

4) compose some seperatable parts like doors and wheel covers with the same little physics blocks, but connect them with fixed joints

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Hey,

i want to ask you, if this is possible with Leadwerks at the moment?

The Car destruction looks so genius, i love it.

No, unless you import the rigs of rods library, which is what that is using.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Is this library open-source? (and is it released? already in Rig of Rods or is this a new engine they recently started to work on?)

If it is, I might consider trying to port it to Leadwerks.

Yeah, I think so. They just used Crysis as a demonstration, but the physics is their own lib.

We do have some support for deformable meshes like that, but I haven't gotten to play with it much and it won't be in the initial release.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

translated from a Dutch article 31 mei 2012. http://tweakers.net/...ics-engine.html

The starting developer studio BeamNG has a physics engine in development that promises to be different than other engines. De engine simulates on micro level, where normal engines use macro level.

The softbody engine from BeamNG, who is currently being used for simmulating gravity with vehicles, was announced monday. The cry engine is used because of its C++ api. Although the engine has been tested with the Cry engine, there is (for now) no agreement on working together with Crytek.

"A car is normally being simulated as a whole, that also moves and rotates as a whole object". These engines are not suited for realistic impact behaviour and friction that occurs when wheels touch the ground. This is allways faked(Burnout paradise, GTA etc). The beamNG engine handles every part of the car separately. The system uses an optimized and subtle version of what car industries use to test out car crashes.

Another advantage of this technique is that you do not need to have a separate simmulation for every car. Using the beam engine, the design of the car also determines its behaviour. So if somebody would design a car or a plane, then it will also act as a plane or car.

I'm not even sure the collision results are totally accurate. I just don't think that entire panels would come as easily in reality as they do in that example video.

Take the first crash at 0:25, at 0:28 a fairly large piece just crumbles away. What are the cars made out of? Cake? Aluminium might buckle, it might bend, I suspect it would buckle and bend, and then stick out of side such that it would chop off anyone's knees if it then drove past someone closely enough, but I doubt it would just come clean away like it did there. Also I was kept wondering "Where's the engine? You know, the bonnet (hood) just looks like it's an empty hollow box in that smash"

Then the rear part of the truck (where you might hide an illegal immigrant under a canopy) doesn't seem to be welded to the cab at all, even though I would have thought it would be. Look at 0:08 where it just wobbles completely independently of the cab.

It casts doubt in my mind as to whether to collisions and deformation are as realistic as they claim.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Take the first crash at 0:25, at 0:28 a fairly large piece just crumbles away. What are the cars made out of? Cake? Aluminium might buckle, it might bend, I suspect it would buckle and bend, and then stick out of side such that it would chop off anyone's knees if it then drove past someone closely enough, but I doubt it would just come clean away like it did there. Also I was kept wondering "Where's the engine? You know, the bonnet (hood) just looks like it's an empty hollow box in that smash"

I'm pretty sure the configuration are exaggerated to emphasize the engine's features.

Blog & Portfolio

Current project: moon.chase.star