Summer over yet?

Game Producer

Nice image, Roland! Summer is over INDEED. biggrin.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Prefer rain here in uk.Clears up quicker than snow. Snow here creates chaos. Railways stop cars slide about airports shut down.

Countries that have a lot of snow are prepared. The uk is not. But this won't stop le3 coming out in someones summer.cool.png

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Hey Josh! Already on November 1!!! it's time to call it even if the release date LE3. His silence you lose customers, I had two of my friends bought another engine, because the future of LE3 is unclear.wacko.png

Duedates are an important factor. In business it doesn't matter so much what you do, but when it's available. That's why C# and Java are valued so high, because they make ****, but very fast. C++ makes gold but a bit slower, and it needs also really intelligent people.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Hey Josh! Already on November 1!!! it's time to call it even if the release date LE3. His silence you lose customers, I had two of my friends bought another engine, because the future of LE3 is unclear.wacko.png

It will take however long it takes. I gave summer as an estimate and said I really didn't know when it would be. Sorry I can't predict it better, but that's the nature of development.
  • Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It's in its final stages of development but not yet ready for a release date announcement. What's unclear?

What's unclear?

if you understand everything, then answer this:

- When will the LE3?

- How much will it cost LE3?

"What LE3 will be better than other engines? (Unity, Torque3D, Shiva3D, S2 Engine, Gamestart3D)

If you do not know, you better keep silent. Please.

Duedates are an important factor. In business it doesn't matter so much what you do, but when it's available. That's why C# and Java are valued so high, because they make ****, but very fast. C++ makes gold but a bit slower, and it needs also really intelligent people.

Agree with you. But too long to do this too is not good.

It will take however long it takes. I gave summer as an estimate and said I really didn't know when it would be. Sorry I can't predict it better, but that's the nature of development.

easy question:

• In this year?

• In the next year?

• In five years?

• a hundred years?

• more than a hundred years?

I can only suggest that if waiting is not an option then you turn to some other engine. I don't think Josh could have been any clearer in his answer to be fair.

He could have kept development of LE3 completely secret in which case nothing would have been known until it was actually released, but instead has elected to reveal the development process in quite some detail which I think has been of interest to a lot of people. OK, that generates a lot of interest and people naturally want to know when the product will be available and what the final feature set will be, but people must also accept that this is Josh's business and as such he as every right to decide when that announcement is made. No sensible business is going to announce such things prematurely.

• Upvote 3

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

In addition to what Pixel wisely said, you may not be aware that Josh has a blog where he's made dozens of entries about what he's working on over the past two years. Check it out here:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/1-joshs-blog/

The latest entry shows what he has left to work on.

Also, the costs to upgrade and purchase haven't been announced but he's said that buying Leadwerks 2 and upgrading to 3 will be cheaper than buying 3 by itself.

• Upvote 2

Also, the costs to upgrade and purchase haven't been announced but he's said that buying Leadwerks 2 and upgrading to 3 will be cheaper than buying 3 by itself.

and Leadwerks Engine 2 is in itself a world class 3D game engine SDK and, in my honest opinion, worth many times more than the asking price!

• Upvote 2

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I've heard this a hundred times, enough to repeat...

And if I buy LE2, and Josh asks for $1000 for an update? I didn't pay that much! And this LE2 I don't need it.

and Leadwerks Engine 2 is in itself a world class 3D game engine SDK and, in my honest opinion, worth many times more than the asking price!

You overestimate.