Any news on new leadwerks engine?

Andy Gilbert

Hi, just wondering if there is any news on the new engine being developed?

I cant seem to find any information about it anywhere (apart from old posts)? Even on the website there seems to be no mention of it (thinking of new potential customers?).

Anyway is there a roadmap or anything, an ETA or anything?

Thanks

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

To be fair, Josh always said it would be ready when it's ready! Wishing it here all the time, like a lot of you do, will just increase your frustration.

It's a commercial decision on Josh's part as to when he makes the release details public and until that point you are not going to hear anything.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

At this point I do not know the exact date, but I estimate 2-6 weeks.

That great news!

Could you possibly clarify: these estimated timeframe are for final, public release? Or rather beta version (or pre-release, pre-alpha, etc..) - eg. for testing by current users?

From my experience the beta testing in Leadwerks is done in-house, and thus the first public is version is quite beta still, since it wasn't tested with masses. I have also asked for developer previews and alpha versions, but they don't do that. I think most game devs would be happy with a command line version of LE3, but of course the GUI version makes sense also, since then there is only one product to test and fix.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

We're releasing the Leadwerks 3 Beta initially to existing users only, at a reduced price. We're doing more testing, and have a better-defined scope than we have had in the past, so I think it will be quite polished at release.

In a few months we will have a public launch, at which point everyone can purchase the new engine at the regular price.

Of course, any dates I give are estimates. I haven't ever published a software product with the polish and documentation we are aiming for, so it's hard for me to guess a precise date. If I have to choose between being late and not being ready, I will choose the former.

• Upvote 6

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Gotta say: I don't know how much of it I can use at beta but I'll definitely be buying it (if the price isn't very steep) - in good part just because I think you, your concepts and the way you do business are worth supporting.

Hopefully your perception will change when you see the finished product. It's miles ahead of anything out there, in terms of usability and gameplay.
  • Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Josh, why do you have secrets? I don't want to buy LE2, I need LE3. But it is cheaper to buy LE2 and update.... But how much will it cost update????? I'm not ready to pay big money for the engine.

The price will be announced when I can properly demo the finished software. Otherwise you don't know what the price is actually for. I can tell from people's comments they still don't get what the new engine is about, and I can't really expect them to until they are able to play with the editor themselves.

The price will be announced when I can properly demo the finished software. Otherwise you don't know what the price is actually for. I can tell from people's comments they still don't get what the new engine is about, and I can't really expect them to until they are able to play with the editor themselves.

So... at a hangout on Sunday? wink.png hehehe

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

what is that 'hangout' thing?

I hope there are cookies and coffee available. biggrin.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3