Any news on new leadwerks engine?

Andy Gilbert

well i can upgrade if need be (only $30 for mountain lion) and i think that will make for better games using OGL 3.2 +. Will i be able to use net beans instead of xcode?

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

They will likely have problems because all C++ compilers use different formats for their static libraries. So I recommend just using Visual Studio, Xcode, and Eclipse, like everyone else.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

We're releasing the Leadwerks 3 Beta initially to existing users only, at a reduced price. We're doing more testing, and have a better-defined scope than we have had in the past, so I think it will be quite polished at release.

In a few months we will have a public launch, at which point everyone can purchase the new engine at the regular price.

Of course, any dates I give are estimates. I haven't ever published a software product with the polish and documentation we are aiming for, so it's hard for me to guess a precise date. If I have to choose between being late and not being ready, I will choose the former.

Does this mean when LE3 comes out everyone will have to re-buy the leadwerks engine? cause you said to existing users at a refused price.

Does this mean when LE3 comes out everyone will have to re-buy the leadwerks engine? cause you said to existing users at a refused price.

LE3 is a completely new engine to LE2 not an upgrade per se... you don't have to buy LE3 to continue using LE2 if you already own it. However, if you wish to buy LE3 it will be a reduced price if you already own LE2 and cheaper than buying LE3 straight up..... or so we've been told.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!