Any news on new leadwerks engine?

Andy Gilbert

Josh K-L-I-N-T

photo-thumb-1.jpg?_r=0

granted if you are going to misspell it, i guess thats better than some possible alternatives...

O sorry, thank you for pointing out my mistake. It was unintentional though, proper naming convention should be used to avoid conflict.

Josh K-L-I-N-T

photo-thumb-1.jpg?_r=0

granted if you are going to misspell it, i guess thats better than some possible alternatives...

What other possible alternatives? rolleyes.gif

Lint?

Klnt?

Kent? Oooooh I like that :D

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

What other possible alternatives? rolleyes.gif

Lint?

Klnt?

Kent? Oooooh I like that biggrin.png

Something like Clark Kent ?

Guest Red Ocktober
Pardon me Sir. If that is not his name then what is his real name ?

his real name, you ask sir... well, like the mysteries of Atlantis and Roswell, we may never find out his real name...

some things are better left for mankind to ponder and mythologize about...

but he since he likes to present himself as the personage of Josh... and since we have no evidence to the contrary...

until we discover otherwise, we will accept him as being that person...

and we will pay tribute to him... and worship his work...

we may even make a holiday in which to celebrate his magnificence...

but... we don't have to call him Mr.

smile.png

--Mike

Stop stop, hold on...time out! I'm confused here. blink.pngwacko.png

K, so there's Josh (who we all know is working on the next gen game engine, called LE 3), but there's also Lint, Kint, Westwood, Kent (Superman)?? So...uhm...what are these other guys doing? Baking cookies? For teh next Leadwerks Hangout? I hope they don't forget to make coffee too. biggrin.png

Cheers

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Mr. Kint, will you put the lotion in the basket? blink.png

Now this is outrageous! He is the creator after all. He deserves some dignity man. You do not want him to get angry do you ? If you make him angry like that he will make the price for LE3 so high that I won't be able to buy the license.

Are you serious...?

Regarding buying the engine license or Mr. getting angry ?

Oh I see. How good is the AI and networking ?

We're focusing on tools and gameplay features for the initial release. The AI system is built into the heart of the engine. Networking and terrain will be added after the initial launch.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

We're focusing on tools and gameplay features for the initial release. The AI system is built into the heart of the engine. Networking and terrain will be added after the initial launch.

Thank you Mr. for clarifying.

I want to do something special with the terrain.

That's what I like to hear! I played around with LE3's terrain editor then went ahead and tried out CryEngine 3 SDK but then found out that CE3 costs 700k-1m to license compared to your $200 so I had to leave CE3's awesomeness to go back to LE2 so hopefully there will be some great improvements in terrain editing. smile.png (Ultra-long sentence ftw.)

Regarding buying the engine license or Mr. getting angry ?

"Mr." never gets angry at me. It's cause I'm special.

Josh, you wan't to do something special with the terrain? VOXELS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D