Medieval Model Collection in the wo..done.

Michael Betke

I'm working on a new collection with a nice medieval theme.

At the moment I have around 10 buildings with different texture sets and heights. It will be available for Leadwerks out of the box as usual.

I hope I'm not to late with such a set because lots of stuff on the market but I think the quality of most stuff lacks a bit of quality. So this set is up to par with current games.

post-6-0-65900800-1347023683_thumb.jpg

I will do some more (enterable) buildings plus ambient models. As usual the set fits into the style of all other packs as you can see on the shot. smile.png

If you guys have demand for some certain things (no weapons or characters) its a good time to post here!

• Upvote 2

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

Ok I see interiours are needed. It makes sense be ause most ses are outdoor only. The modules are built that is easy to do interiours. But I hesitate to do also furniture to offer a good price tag.

Since I do all the stuff in a modular way I think I will also release the parts so people can built basically unlimited houses on their own.

• Upvote 1

A lot of the stuff I have seen elsewhere is described as medieval when in fact it is English elizibethan style, which is more recent than true medieval times. Your stuff looks more like the real thing.

• Upvote 1

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Ok I see interiours are needed. It makes sense be ause most ses are outdoor only. The modules are built that is easy to do interiours. But I hesitate to do also furniture to offer a good price tag.

No problem with the furniture, buildings with interiors would be great ... could we have windows that at least allow for easy texture replacement for transparent glass if not transparent already. Having opaque windows destroys the illusion of reality!

Since I do all the stuff in a modular way I think I will also release the parts so people can built basically unlimited houses on their own.

Even better :)

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Cassius, to be honest I have no proper idea about the historic background. I searched just for medieval stuff on google, games and concept arts to get inspirations. I will stick to stone, wood and whitish plaster mostly with a slight fantasy look maybe in terms of scale and colors.

I make it to try to let it look interesting. I think it will turn out nice and useable hopefully.

But I hesitate to do also furniture to offer a good price tag.

I would suggest doing a Medieval Structures Pack with houses, fences, bridges, broken walls, etc. in one pack and a Medieval Items Pack with carts, tables, chairs, torches, buckets, tools, etc. in another. With a discount for those who buy both.

I dont know yet about the price. Something around the other

Packs. Depends what's in after all.

For the item and other additional content I will see after I checked sales for the first one. Stuff like my archviz furniture was not a good idea for example. ;)

This is interesting because we are starting out on some medieval design, but it's more of an indoors dungeon style, so premade buildings don't work for our purposes. I can definitely see the comeback of "texture packs" when the CSG editing features of the new engine become available.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The problem with texture packs are they have really to be custom made from scratch. Most photo sites like Cg-Textures have strickt EULA rules that no textures may be sold alone even if its heavily modified. Distribution is only allowed with a model which has the texture attached.

Of course if someone buys a model-set now and re-uses the textures for own creations in a CSG Editor then its okay. But selling textures alone is not allowed mostly.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost finished!

At the moment I did all 15 buildings. Five of them are enterable. I already did the last material setups for Leadwerks.

As a nice goodie there are displacement maps for some of the wood and stone materials. It's made subtle but could be anhanced of course by the user. I hope to be geared up with this pack for upcoming Leadwerks3 too. :)

Below are two shots. Maybe I will upload the usual free building this evening to the asset store here.

post-6-0-33644600-1348148580_thumb.jpg

Floor planks

post-6-0-98579700-1348148599_thumb.jpg

rock walls and wooden planks with displacement

Now back to some basic structures like walls, ladders, vehicle or classical other stuff like a gallow.

The modular way is a bit of a dead-end because some elements like roofs are unique things and not modular. I think I will still include the modules but maybe there will be the need of a modeling app to make custom roofs and the underlaying wooden construction.

• Upvote 4

Okay i uploaded the Leadwerks version to the site here. All is done. It came out nicely.

Get a look there: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/376-medieval-environment-collection/

I uploaded screenshots for every asset, specs, and so on.

If you need .max files, other file formats then better wait some days and get it from my shop. Its a lot to upload for each asset there with my connection. But for Leadwerks users only its good to go! :)

Why? It's no "come on buy it!" stuff in here. I showed a work in progress thread like anyone else which got finished. thats it. No price, No features, nothing. Only a small link and it was released exclusive for leadwerks users two days earlier.

I still use Leadwerks to test all packs in real-time. smile.png