General asset pipeline queastion,

Echo

To be fair I suspect that the evaluation version is not totally up to date and therefore missing some bug fixes. The current release of version 2.5 is mainly bug free, just a few one's outstanding, and it's hard to find any game engine that doesn't have some bugs!

With regard to LE3, being a brand new product I would expect that to have bugs ... its inevitable. So most people buying LE3 will need to do so baring in mind that they will go through an initial period where the bugs are ironed out.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

To be fair I suspect that the evaluation version is not totally up to date and therefore missing some bug fixes. The current release of version 2.5 is mainly bug free, just a few one's outstanding, and it's hard to find any game engine that doesn't have some bugs!

wacko.png

so I need to buy engine so that there were no bugs? LOL!

you have one answer to everything " pay the money. Reminds me of a financial pyramid. (I hope you understand me)

wacko.png

so I need to buy engine so that there were no bugs? LOL!

you have one answer to everything " pay the money. Reminds me of a financial pyramid. (I hope you understand me)

I'm not saying you have to do anything, I was just making an observation. Only you can make the decision whether to buy or not. I am simply a licenced user of LE2 trying to help out. I have no connection other than that to Leadwerks.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I would also like to point out that a lot of people scream bugs when they don't realize that the bug is in their own code and not the engine. More often than not things don't work right because of a lack of understanding about how it works. There are only a few people on here that I actually believe when they say there is a bug.

Buy it or don't. We don't really care.

• Upvote 1

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

I would also like to point out that a lot of people scream bugs when they don't realize that the bug is in their own code and not the engine. More often than not things don't work right because of a lack of understanding about how it works. There are only a few people on here that I actually believe when they say there is a bug.

Buy it or don't. We don't really care.

I understand how it works, if it were not so I would not talk about it. As I have talked with people who for many years enjoyed LE and they confirmed that this is a bug of the engine.

I like this engine, but at the moment he is not fit to create games!

then why are you here again? it was just a couple of weeks ago you were asking for 3D Vision support...rolleyes.gif but now you have some mysterious bug that prevents LE from being used to make any game? if this was truly the case then why are you wasting your time here? sounds like someone is just trolling...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

what bug?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Wait, hold on a moment. I said wait.

Let's rewind back to this:

Well, the simple fact is Leadwerks 3 is nearly here, at which point your whole conversion pipeline will just disappear. All those models will be automatically converted when you drop them in your project directory, so all your problems just go away. That's probably why no one wants to go into a lot of detail explaining the LE2 art pipeline right now.

WHOA.

Like Big WHO-O-O-A.

Seriously?

How this works. This is like my dream come true, not false. But True. as in getDreamCome() and it returns goddamn True.

Sounds awesome.

Is there more details on how this works? Is it just .FBX files or some other files? What about physics models? How this works. Tell more.

• Upvote 2

Intel Dual Core 3GHz / GeForce GTS 450 - 1024 MB / Driver ver 267.59 / 8 GB RAM / Win 7 - 64 bit / LE2.50 / BMAX 1.48

game producer blog - Dead Wake Zombie Game powered by Leadwerks Engine

Twitter - Unfollow me

Is there more details on how this works? Is it just .FBX files or some other files? What about physics models? How this works. Tell more.

you know Josh does a blog that shows details of LE3, right? wink.png

as for what it automatically converts, so far only FBX and GMF files have been mentioned for the auto conversion... which I guess is ok if you have a modelling app that exports to FBX...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Yeh, I know! But this is like... a huge big deal. There should be flashing neon lights on the site header announcing this as THE biggest thin eva 8)

Btw... link to the blog post? I've missed that one..

Intel Dual Core 3GHz / GeForce GTS 450 - 1024 MB / Driver ver 267.59 / 8 GB RAM / Win 7 - 64 bit / LE2.50 / BMAX 1.48

Twitter - Unfollow me

Yeh, I know! But this is like... a huge big deal. There should be flashing neon lights on the site header announcing this as THE biggest thin eva 8)

wtf seriously? This is what you consider the best thing ever?? I mean don't get me wrong it's cool but I can think of many more important features in LE3... automatic path-finding for one.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

I'm trying to keep a low profile before the launch. ;)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

@Josh: Well, you got that right! :)

@scarlet: depends what kind of game you are doing.... automatic path finding for my idea might be "ok". For some heavy badass strategy game, shooters (and many others) that definitely is a kickass.

Anyway, I think pipeline was one of the clumsiest things in LE2. To me, having improved asset pipeline is really important.

And and ... ahem...those neon lights were a joke, you know tongue.png

...but where's that blog post explaining more? ph34r.png

Twitter - Unfollow me