Game Logo request

Josh

If anyone would like to try their hand at this, I need a logo designed for our example game. I thought I would post it here before I go to 99Designs. Basically we need a high-res legible version of any of the four variations seen here:

http://www.leadwerks...arkness-awaits/

The image should be 1600 x 400 pixels. This will be used as the game's title screen.

Thanks!

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What font is that and is Photoshop format ok?

PSD is fine, but I have no idea what the font is.

Over a GUI scheme, the GUI scheme will reflect the logo color scheme, or the logo is simply on a black screen?

Alpha blended is more versatile, but black is okay.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Will give this a try. smile.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Okay, done this in about 20 minutes. smile.png

What do you think, Josh? It's not the same font as in your example, though.

Darkness_Awaits_zpsf965bb4f.png

Cheers

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

I think it's blurry and hard to read. However, I like the font. I wasn't thinking the game would be that evil, but now that I see it I like the pentagram. biggrin.png BTW, a better distribution of space would be the text above and the symbol centered below.

Replace the pentacle with an "A" and your well set. rolleyes.gif A pentacle is just a passage for whatever you call ... usually the spirit of adam & eva, to protect a new born from the evil spirit of lilith which tries to steal & swallow it. It has been drawn on the doorstep to pregnant woman.

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

I think it's blurry and hard to read.

Good point. At full resolution, it's not that blurry, but I agree that it could be better. smile.png

BTW, a better distribution of space would be the text above and the symbol centered below.

What about the pentagram centered in the middle, and having 'Darkness' on the left, and 'Awaits' on the right of the pentagram? smile.png?

Replace the pentacle with an "A" and your well set.

Isn't that also the symbol for 'Peace'? biggrin.png

Here's the altered logo. This better, Josh? smile.png?

Darkness%20Awaits_zps24c01334.png

• Upvote 1

post-2-0-62127100-1348068678_thumb.png

Also available as InkScape vector format (.svg) for editing:

https://sites.google.com/site/mikazeka/filee-kapinetti/darkness_awaits.svg

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Had another go at it. Here's the result so far. smile.png

DarknessAwaits_zps25a99ef0.png

• Upvote 3

The last one is my favorite. It uses the classic DA font, and the abstract horned head is very cool. A candle in the center seems kind of odd, though.

The second to last with the demon is a cool concept as well, but combines a few different elements that don't look like they go together.

I can't say specifically how I would improve it at this point, but I would like to see the design keep refining and evolving.

Hey Josh, here's my new (improved?) version smile.png:

DA2_zps6ec4ec34.png

• Upvote 2

@ChrisV I like it, but it seems disjointed.

In what way does it look disjointed, Josh? smile.png?