Game Logo request

Josh

I like that last one, a lot. The lettering is very beautiful.

Since this is going to be displayed at a variety of resolutions, it makes sense to have the outer edge of the image black. Then I can just display it on a black background.

The background is rather blurry, and the top and bottom are cut off. Would it be possible to fix this?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Logos should be always made in svg format, so they are vectors and scalable. You can do amazing things with vectors.

It's not necessary to insert these kinds of guerrilla marketing comments trying to push whatever obscure file format or technology you are taken with at the moment. It's very annoying, and you alone are not sufficient to start a viral trend, if that is your intent.

Obviously logos are almost always made with vector graphics. We are previewing concepts here, not shipping a finished product. In any case, the file format the author chooses to use is totally irrelevant to the conversation.

• Upvote 3

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

2e560yd.jpg

I've made the changes you requested. I can make the background clearer still but I think it would draw too much attention from the lettering. It also defeats the purpose (and contrasts heavily) if the rest of the title screen is black. Finally, you may want more of the edge to be black, as it drops pretty shaply now. That said, I'm happy to send you the Photoshop file so you can tweak it to your heart's content. It has about 7 layers.

• Upvote 1

And should you change your mind about the rest of the title screen being black...

You should make second picture with black background for comparing. Because when people are not designers they can't make such decision without visual comparing. And I think here is the question more about technical capabilities rather then aesthetic things.

What if you make an eye in the background where that 5 star circle thing you have is the pupil? The eye should be sort of faint and blend in slightly so people start chatting about how they think that's an eye. That'll add a little human element to it.

Nice text logo, gamecreator!! I like it very much. :)

Would it be possible to upload only the text layer as a PSD file (with a transparent background)? I don't have Photoshop, but Paintshop, which doesn't load the PSD files with all the features. Thanks. :)

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Had another go at it. Here it is. Hope you guys like it. smile.png

DA2.png

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Thanks, Roland! smile.png