What are you going to make with LE3?

AggrorJorn

LE3  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to do with LE3 (besides learning how to use it)

• Nothing, I stay with LE2 (for now)
    • Create a new game with it
    • Making some nice level designs
    • Purely learning how to programm/script/model
    • Turning around in your chair and saying with a deep voice "I have been expecting you!"
    • Porting a game from LE2 to LE3
  2. 2. If your first answer was "Create a game", then what kind of game?

• FPS
    • TPS
    • Strategy
    • Arcade
    • Sport
    • Adventure
    • Simulator
    • RPG

I'll be doing one of 2 things that you haven't put in the poll:

1. Wait for high end renderer to come out

2. Port my current game to LE3

Haven't decided yet which I will do yet. Will have to wait and see.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

My ultimate fantasy is to create a 2.5D platformer. If LE3 can handle the 2D physics and have decent PC graphics, I'll switch to it.

The only thing I would really like to use LE3 for is its networking capability. If it's functionial, I'd like to make a multiplayer game with it (either something like a small-scale Skyrim or another platformer).

I did ask about

i plan to create a game...FPS...but it really depends on the price...just shelled out $200 for LE2 a couple of days ago...bought it hoping to get a discount on LE3...just have to wait and see...

This has been asked about multiple times and the answer is always that there will be a discount for people who already own LE2

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

A deer that farts rainbows that is chased by a teapot....

LOL.. I think that should be the LE example game.

Interesting to see that the majority of people so far want to make an FPS. In my mind that is the most saturated market requiring a high level of quality to even be considered by consumers. Also with my experience with FPS games on the mobile platform, the genre doesn't seem to suite the touch technology very well.

Though thats just my opinion, each to their own I guess. What is everyone elses opinion on the matter?

• Upvote 1

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

This has been asked about multiple times and the answer is always that there will be a discount for people who already own LE2

I guess i must have worded that wrong in my previous post...i was trying to say it depends on how much LE3 will be with the discount...sorry if I posted something that was posted before...guess I will have to learn the posting rules...

I guess i must have worded that wrong in my previous post...

Well I understood what you meant in your first post so I wouldn't worry about it :)

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

My experience with computers has been only with desktop machines. I know absolutely zilch about anything else and my eyesight is too bad for small screens.I think there are too many fps games around so I am going for rpg adventure set in medieval times. Obviosly there are no guns in this genre but you can fire cannons and crossbows if you want.

• Upvote 1

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I'll start porting my LE2 project to LE3. I can't wait to try out the pathfinding, it's so much use for the game concept I have now.

I'm making a MOBA, but I've voted for RTS since that option isn't there. :) Can't wait haha

Using Leadwerks Professional Edition (Beta), mainly using C++.

Windows 10 / Linux Mint, Visual Studio 2017. GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX970, CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz

Previously known as Evayr.