What are you going to make with LE3?

AggrorJorn

LE3  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to do with LE3 (besides learning how to use it)

• Nothing, I stay with LE2 (for now)
    • Create a new game with it
    • Making some nice level designs
    • Purely learning how to programm/script/model
    • Turning around in your chair and saying with a deep voice "I have been expecting you!"
    • Porting a game from LE2 to LE3
  2. 2. If your first answer was "Create a game", then what kind of game?

• FPS
    • TPS
    • Strategy
    • Arcade
    • Sport
    • Adventure
    • Simulator
    • RPG

If your first answer was "Create a game", then what kind of game?

Doesn't matter what your first answer is you have to select and answer to the second part, well thats what it tells me, but then I wonder how come there are 47 votes cast in the first part and only 32 (one for each of the members that voted) in the second part?

EDIT: Ah I see, you can multi vote options .... rolleyes.gif

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

..pretty much nothing..ill purchase it for sake of developer support..his previous product was good to me..

While the sentiment is extremely nice of you, i think you are doing yourself a disservice. I think a better point would be made by not buying an engine that lacks the features you were wanting.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Have an idea of an insanely complex game that ties in the mechanics of a FPS, RTS, and TBS

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

• 2 weeks later...

I am perfectly happy,and fully occupied with le2. I would have preffered a update to le2 rather than an le3 with inferior graphics. However I will buy le3 in the hope and beleif that it will one day be superior to le 2 and I hope that day will be within a few months.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

• 2 months later...

I'm forever buying software I don't use. I remember buying AGK, which was a right buggy POS that held promise of cross-mobile deployment, sadly let down (as usual) by poor attention to testing and real-world use before release. When you can't even get string management right you have to wonder.

LE2 still manages to piss me off in all manner of irritating ways, mostly the tools lack of basic usability beyond doing really basic stuff. Having being spoiled by other editors in which I can rapidly tweak something to experiment, trying to do the same thing with LE2 is painful, often met with some exception error. I have high hopes that the tools in LE3 have addressed these issues. If not, well it will go the way of all the other SDKs that didn't quite make the grade. There's only so many times you want to get stung no matter how much you want to support the effort.

Sadly most of these kits fall down when you try something beyond the trivial. One scene demos are easy enough. The litmus test is going to have tools that let you mash-up materials (without falling over), have more than one tool running at the same time, multi-scene loading with no creeping memory issues, dynamic resolution handling and all the basic code functions working as documented.

And if that sounds overly ambitious, it's not. It's very basic working functionality that many failed to get right from day 1.

• Upvote 2

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

The first thing I will do with LE3, is to do a impression review. How the installation worked, how I managed to find the documentation, and how to get started with LE3, and produced something useful.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on how I can script it and whether Leadwerks can handle my needs, I am creating my long-awaited game project, Saviour.

Saviour was thought of 20 years ago and it has taken almost this long for the game technology to get to a point where it could be done (and I could code it).

You are a lone fighter pilot who lost a losing battle in space. Earth has been destroyed by an alien race. Humankind has been eradicated - except for YOU.

As the main character, you wake up in your broken space fighter, running out of precious oxygen with no fuel left. You are stranded in space and the nearest object is a now-defunct space station hundreds of miles above an unknown planet.

Through a narrated storyline, you 'play' the novel and the choices you make change the story in realtime. Unlike other projects in this genre, where the most you can do is walk around, in Saviour you PLAY the story, have to figure out puzzles and problems. Your decisions can save you and an entire civilization. Make a wrong move and you can perish. Figure things out and you could be known as Saviour!

I am excited to bring this project to the Leadwerks engine. The game begins in deep space and ends up on an alien world. Hopefully, Leadwerks can handle space physics. It can certainly handle terrain.

The MOST important thing for me are triggers, since they will be used to fire off the storyline.

I will post more here as I get into creating this.

Mike

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/michaelfelkercomposer

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Custom synths and sounds - http://www.supersynths.com

That's not unlike the story line for my game idea STRANDED ... but without the Saviour bit. But hey ... go for it, sounds great!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

That's not unlike the story line for my game idea STRANDED ... but without the Saviour bit. But hey ... go for it, sounds great!

The story is going to go from a broken, shattered space fighter to an alien infested space station to a planet that faces possible anhialation. Earth was destroyed by the same reptilian-like foe and now this planet falls under their shadow. The primitive people that live there are not advanced and have no real weapons to speak of. If and how they survive will be up to YOU. If you succeed, will will be known as their Saviour.

That's a game idea I wrote 20 years ago. When it first came out, I tried to create this in Blitz 3D but only got so far before major problems stopped me. I am going to try again with Leadwerks 2.5. I think this time I will succeed. I have more knowledge, better and more efficient ideas and most of the 3D objects needed.

Mike

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/michaelfelkercomposer

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Custom synths and sounds - http://www.supersynths.com

• 1 month later...

Actually ... i wanted to revive my BallWars game i did years ago and i wanted to be first, who will finish a game for LE3 :) Now, i can't ... and it's not worth to spend these money for it now, It's a pity ... Ballwars on mobiles phones .... hmmm :)

-= Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz - ATI HD5870 - 6 GB DDR3 RAM - Windows 8 Pro 64x=-

Guest Red Ocktober

well... fortunately i'm still ok... i can continue to NOT make my submarine game by NOT licensing Leadwerks 3 at this time...

wait... i only have 30 days in which to make up my mind if i want that $500 discount!!!

call now biggrin.png

--Mike

• Upvote 1