What are you going to make with LE3?

AggrorJorn

LE3  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to do with LE3 (besides learning how to use it)

• Nothing, I stay with LE2 (for now)
    • Create a new game with it
    • Making some nice level designs
    • Purely learning how to programm/script/model
    • Turning around in your chair and saying with a deep voice "I have been expecting you!"
    • Porting a game from LE2 to LE3
  2. 2. If your first answer was "Create a game", then what kind of game?

• FPS
    • TPS
    • Strategy
    • Arcade
    • Sport
    • Adventure
    • Simulator
    • RPG

Want Lua? Add $200.

Want the flowgraph? Add $200.

Want Mac support? Add $300.

You can also add CSG to the list. Because before LE3 he could sell 3Dworld studio to do this. With LE3 integrated CSG he will loose those sales so this hikes LE3 price.

And Ai/pathfinding because some games don't require it.

But I have the feeling Josh doesn't want to make LE3 pricing flexible. Maybe because it'll complexify the licence management.

Also he said somewhere "I don't want to defer LE3 release 3 month more as it is allready usable" ... So what did he think he can do in 3 months ? Will the AAA renderer be available in 3 months ? It's difficult to imagine this given the slow experience of LE2 development. But now they are 2 to work on Leadwerks 3.

I would prefer if LE2 users could get an increased 70% rebate. Even unity did offer à 50% rebate to blade3d users http://blogs.unity3d...de3d-customers/) so 50% is a very common offer and not a big effort. Compared to LE2 developpers what did Blad3d users show to get 50% from unity ?

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

Intel Quad Q6600 - nVidia GTX 460 1GB - 2 GB RAM

Basicly the pricing is too high for a beta version, also I don;t think many will pay the full price until terrain etc is included.

EDIT:I don;t like the idea of chopping up le3 into different versions or free versions the only thing that needs to happen ( for me)is a price reduction of around $100 or even slightly less. I will then be more than happy to pay for further upgrades like terrain.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Yep, that's high price fro a Beta version i find finally (specially when stucked in some points), and i find Lua not as easy as simple Javascript or C# calls.

People that payed strong price for Beta should not pay for next standard features (terrain tools, advanced graphic features).

For me as i use other 3D engines at same time, i won't think i will pay more than what i paid already.

Only if i would succeed in publishing an Android game and not bad sales , ok i could say let's buy some IOS solution fro some 99$ to 250$.

LE 3 is growing in the good , better way than LE 2.

A free version would attract lot more people on forums, lot more uses, contributions, tutorials, i think it's like mobile , a winning strategy.

Stop toying and make games

LOL laugh.png

Well some more LE 3 testing.

I put imported FBX models and put lights :

It will be lightmaps but only on the BSP cubes, you won't have lightmaps in your imported FBX models.

For PC games ,let's forget old BSP system and really bring us some real lightening and shadows, ssao etc ...

BSP is good for mobile where optimisation is priority , not for PC eye candy.

Caus i m' going for Android games, i will perhaps use BSP ?

Stop toying and make games

LE 3 is growing in the good , better way than LE 2.

A free version would attract lot more people on forums, lot more uses, contributions, tutorials, i think it's like mobile , a winning strategy.

I'm not going to pollute the forum and damage the real customers experience with the type of people a free version would attract.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.