Game Character creation DVD

ParaToxic

Hey guy's with the appearance of LE3D I have to look for my game and make a character for it.I'm not very good at that stuff and wondering if somebody know's a kind of DVD or a long tutorial, where a game character is created step by step, with modeling and texturing( for modeling only c4d ).

Would be nice to hear something from you :D

Thanks for advance

This isn't the answer you're looking for, but I recommend either buying something pre-made or having it custom made. There are a ton of FPSC model packs that are inexpensive and will at least give you something to test with.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'd recommend the Blender 2010 Training Series from CGCookie.com. One of the best and most extensive walkthroughs of character modelling I've ever come across. They are not cheap but then little worthwhile is. At least Blender is free and you can apply what you've learnt to pretty much any modelling app then.

It's a longer term goal though, I'd make do with bought models as placeholders for now if I were you.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Good luck, the same guy that did the DVDs I mentioned also does a low poly character DVD specifically aimed at games, you might want to check that out too. Available from the same site.

Dexsoft do some great animated models, I have quite a few of theirs!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

AS a main character my favorite is the female warrior from arteria3d. She has a sexy walk and looks great from the back view. For me the best peice of software that could emerge would be a character and animation designer that is easy to use. and specializes in characters.

It would have pre made characters that the user could customise.I know there are already a couple of apps that go part of the way, like makehuman and another whose name escapes me but they are not aimed at low poly games market.

The ability to make and animate your own characters is the most valuable skill of all. You can learn programming etc in a few weeks.

You can use Blender or other 3d apps to make characters but its difficult and time consuming.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

The ability to make and animate your own characters is the most valuable skill of all. You can learn programming etc in a few weeks.

Hmm I don't know if you can compare that.Look the mainpart of gameprogramming or gameart is it to use techniques ( that you have learned for years ) to make your stuff, the learning of a programming language or the tools of a modelling programm isn't that difficult.

That is my problem.I know the tools of C4D and can do some easy stuff, but the technique for advanced things aren't available.

I will look at that blender stuff and try it , but for now the dexsoft techtrooper is okey ( and it takes me a lot of time to make all the game systems to continue with the modeling )

Both are the same in my opinion, modelling and programing that is. The fundementals of each can be learnt fairly quickly but it takes years of experience and perfecting your skills to make the real magic happen. They are both crafts in their own right and both can be wonders to behold in the hands of a real craftsman.

lol ... bit too complicated Toxic ... think I'll stick with

Game* myAwesomeFPS = new makeFPSGame("better than anyones");

Hey ... looking forward to seeing your Video btw Cassius :)

The video was just to demonstrate a problem I have. Two characters in a sword fight.Works well until I move mouse to high angle. This causes enemy char to flutter wildly. I am working on it.Sorry to change subject.

My son put a vid of my game on facebook and my relatives were amazed that their 88 year old uncle could be capable of producing a computer game.One of them(my neice) was moved to tears.

I keep telling them this is not a case of an 88 year old taking up programming, I have been at it since I was 56 with a cb64 machine.