Motion Blur In Frameworks

fumanshoo

I like the Frameworks commands and how easy they are to use. I think motion blur would be a nice little command for frameworks. I know motion blur is possible without frameworks, but it is a little complicated for beginners like me.

... although adding too many commands to the frameworks could be overwhelming to a beginner as well... Eh, I'll leave it to you, Josh!

The Leadwerks 3 OpenGL 4 renderer already has per-pixel motion blur implemented. It looks really nice. However, the OpenGL 4 renderer will take more time to finish.

• Upvote 4

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Wow, that's very exiting. I've never been one to complain about graphics because I have no console and I never owned a computer that could display high-end graphics, but I have noticed that motion blur makes the gameplay a little different for most games. I'm sure LE3 will look fantastic with motion blur even though it has already been seen in LE2.

The motion blur in LE2 was not per-pixel, so it didn't look as good. It just blurred things based on camera movement. The new one looks really lifelike.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The Leadwerks 3 OpenGL 4 renderer already has per-pixel motion blur implemented. It looks really nice. However, the OpenGL 4 renderer will take more time to finish.

Nice to know that the OpenGL 4 renderer for LE3 is already in the works

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

• 3 weeks later...

Very upsetting that all these great new features will never make it to Leadwerks 2! It's almost like you dumped it and threw it away because a new toy is about to be released.

Grrrrrr.

Mike

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/michaelfelkercomposer

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Custom synths and sounds - http://www.supersynths.com

Very upsetting that all these great new features will never make it to Leadwerks 2! It's almost like you dumped it and threw it away because a new toy is about to be released.

Grrrrrr.

Mike

Well, it was a matter of adding more features to something that was severely limited, or start building on a new foundation that will last longer and be more useful. Certainly never an easy decision.