LE3 Buffers and passes

ParaToxic

Hey I would like to ask something about the renderer in LE3 .

Is it possible to add custom shaders / buffers and passes to the pipeline ( or the framework, but I haven't heard something about a framework yet) ?

I mean when I would like to add a new shader, let's say a bokeh postprocessing shader and now I wan't to add a new buffer to the frameworks renderer and let the shader render some passes .... is that possible ?

How does the framework or rendering pipeline looks like in that spot ?

Thanks

I'm interested in that as well.

even if there won't be any support in the beginning, we can use tricks to get the effect like a second camera just rendering a plain with the scene buffer as the texture and an effect applied to that plain. then copy the rendered image, change the effect technique, texture with the new image, render, copy image, change technique, texture, and so on. should be fast enough laugh.png

Would be cool when it works with the camera.I don't realy know how it will works with the order of shaders.I mean for example the antialiasing shader should be applyed at the last pass and before all the stuff the lighting shader has to be applyed... maybe some functions to add the postprocessing effects before lighting, or after some basic shaders and so one

I'm not to sure about Android, but for iOS I think the answer is yes. It appears the way LE3 is designed is to give the developer access to rendering functions in native code for the platform.

A statement from Josh regarding the rendering architecture for iOS...

You actually get all the code that creates the context and everything, since it isn't part of the cross-platform Leadwerks API. It's all in the generated Xcode projects, so you can access everything.

Basically I could gut the rendering engine if I have too... (maybe not desirable... but it would make me stronger??)

Full thread here --> http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/5945-ios-rendering-pipeline-for-le3/

We don't actually do any rendering to buffers in the default renderer. When I was working with the OpenGL 4 renderer, I did create buffers for each camera, so the effects and everything that used to be in the "Framework" class are stored in the camera itself.

There is code there for buffers, but it's undocumented/untested and not officially supported yet.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Guest Red Ocktober

so... i guess the message is... and has been for a while now... and remains, that Leadwerks 2 level graphics will not be available in Leadwerks 3...

the main emphasis in 3 looks like targeting mobiles...

maybe in the future there be a split... Leadwerks 3 Mobile (IOS/Android/wtc), and Leadwerks 3 Pro (hi level gfx for Win/OSX/NIX)...

or something like that... the crystal ball isn't giving me a clear picture tonight...

:)

--Mike