Leadwerks 3 Beta Evaluation Kit

Admin

To be fair, it runs OK on this Intel graphics machine I've been using it on.
That's good news, because we haven't even tried that yet!

If you press F5 and run the debug build, it may be choppy because Lua is executing debug code with every line. If you press F6 it will run the release build and it should be fast. If there are any gross mistakes slowing it down, I will find them pretty quickly.

You don't need frame numbers in animation code, you can extract a sequence in the model editor, and it will extract a range of frames into a new sequence. The animation manager script handles transitions automatically with a stack of animations, so you can just specify the sequence and it will automatically blend between any number of active animations:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/user-guide/model-editor-r16

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Failed to link the shader... this was on a pc with nvidia GT 220

I will try home on my pc.

Even if a shader fails to link, it will still run. If you find the shader in the asset browser and open it, you can compile it and see the output and where the problem is.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Boolean ops are in the list of things to do soon. I've done it before, but we decided to postpone them for now.

ok. debug off. vsync off. i ran around in the main room for like 5 minutes and started with 100fps and ended with 60fps smells like a leak.

That may be. We've got a few weeks to debug it still.

Guest Red Ocktober

i second that possible leak assessment... after a few minutes doing nothing (working in another app in another open window), Ledwerks Editor suddenly quit with no explanation...

Editor runs fine on a low end machine... same conclusions as Flexman as to trivial, but bothersome, gui quirks...

also... cannot delete some objects once they are added to scene...

--Mike

ok. debug off. vsync off. i ran around in the main room for like 5 minutes and started with 100fps and ended with 60fps smells like a leak.

I didn't find that happened. Started at 145 fps, still there 5 minutes later. Kill all the goblins, come back and it's now 175...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

I tested it and here is what i think :

I has been a huge amount of work indeed, but it's only some objective advice from me, i respect a lot all hard work of Josh indeed smile.png

- The compiler debugger seems to need to access internet , if not it don't launch ?

Why ? to trace utilisation ? How to do if you want ot program where you won't access internet ?

- Lauching the graph Editor , i only see the door system , why ?

I thaught i would see Camera and character workflows ?

- The Flowgraph editor have No menus ? Why not script load / Save ?

- I selected character player , but no way to see what script is binded to it (even if i found Player.lua on explorer) ?

- It is some navigation editor ? how it works ? can we adjust it ? adjust navigation zones ?

- There is too much BSP Boxes in explorer, all should be grouped as one object to decrease draw call ?

So what LE3 could bring next :

1 ) A Panel Inspector like Unity : you click a character or model it shows :

- the script name that will be called

- the textures and shader

- The physic properties

and other stuff ...

2 ) Templates basics, perhaps digging FlowGraphs we will be able to make them and expose some adjustable variables and sliders in some panel ?

3 ) capsule visual editor (it would be cool in some LE 3 future update)

BSP is not justified for me , as i will import all models and level from Blender.

At this actual state, for me it's very basic indeed, placing models and call script i can already do that in other cheap engines of some 200$ price even old ones.

So yes 1000$ is just super over price.

Yes the workflow is AMAZING for LE 2 users indeed.

Like other people i can't spend 500$ ,it's too much for me like i said, even for 300$ it is not be as accessible and clear as other concurrent popular engine.

It just needs to grow now smile.png

(perhaps a very low price will help, for me a PC version would not go behind 99$ until terrain and other features, even after it depends on workflow and easy access to features)

So big potential, but lot of work , terrain editor, advanced graphic features (even adjustable by sliders) etc ...

Stop toying and make games

Bug in the script Editor ...select a line like(with the mouse) "self.context:Sync(false)--self.settings.vsync)" and select copy(with the mouse) and the the whole line moves down from 173 to 177 for example I didnt even try to paste it yet..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

The demo FPS is around 170fps at 1600x900 ...non debug

Memory usage seems a bit high though for this..

Around 124 FPS @ 4800x900

post-2229-0-38750000-1362079435_thumb.jpg

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

After first user try , i go for second deep phase test :

By right click on folder containt view i just see some new menus, and find "import" in main menu also.

- In BSP Mode , We don't see what texture will be applied anywhere when you will create a solid :(

Hard to work fast like that.

- Cant' copy / paste materials between folders

- A texture jpeg is 257 Ko, the material created upon it with just a diffuse shadre is ... 8Mo ??? that's not possible ?

- you place a character in the scene, than change texture , when clicking on it on the scene, it don't reload texture ?

import.jpg

Yes, the FBX animation was imported successfully :)

Yes textures import just works great.

Yes the material editor is easy, and shader selection is great :)

I will dig FlowGraph and script now.

Yes it's smooth and fast Workflow, just great as some Esenthel or Unity :)

I think fidelity and old buyers of LE 2 should really be lot more well deserved.

One year - Two years LE 2 Owner : 250$ PC basic - 300$ Android

Two years-4 years LE 2 owner : 200$ PC - 250$ Android

More than 4 years owners : 150$ PC - 200$ Android

It's important to keep customers :)

Well, for me it's the max i would put on it, even if good in the actual state, i have same workflow and lot lot more for Free or complete stuff for 200$

Specially with missing terrain tool, , GUI editor , Particle editor and graphic advanced stuff lile Clothes physics and breakable objects , unlimited worlds.

I can find for 200$ : PC, MAC, Android ,IOS

For Free : PC same and lot more advanced toosl and workflow even if advanced graphics are not int (a free shadow plugin exists)

For 400$ : Basic Android, but complete toolset and terrain, particle editor, Gui , lot of plugins for additionnal editors and more advanced workflow (Physic visual editor, caspule visual editor , automatic ragdoll etc ...)

Ok again i talked too fast smile.png

Ok it is good price for LE 2 people , and good for fidelity and in compared to what is on indie market.

So i'll avoid Esenthel C++ even if it is not so complicated.

If i success on controling a custom character in LUA , i'll go for PC , Android perhaps.

• Upvote 1

I will use my own Blender level or tiles, so can we lightmap on imported models ?

Does navigation system will work on level made of models ?

It is possible to have particle effects when character touch a goblin ?

Can we make a total game and menus in script ?

Can we load by a single command a whole world , entities and graphics settings ?

(a world made in the level editor and saved)

Can two same models goblins call different scripts (one would attack a lot and fast another would be more slow and less damage) ?

It is some attaching functions for attaching stuff to characters or any other models ?

Does anyone know how to bind script to some character on screen ?

Or does anyone have a small Lua code for basic static camera, and basic character move ?

Wiil it be decals commands or some tool for placing decals on the scene ?

Again , will debugger compiler will need internet access when we buy LE 3 ?

Something that will stop me to buy it, as i'm offline when i travel on weeks.