Leadwerks 3 Beta Evaluation Kit

Admin

Baught smile.png

It's more than 200$ , but because we don't necessarily need to use C++ with LE 3, it's a good package.

Let's hope to see adverts next days everywhere about LE3 , more youtube videos (demos and tutorials) ?

Perhaps a limited Free version (teenagers and kids even make complete games, tutorials ,scripts), so forums growing faster , more contributions ?

It's bright and growing future after seeing the script system, and today smooth/fast workflow smile.png

Stop toying and make games

Not at PC now but did you set as player controller under physics I think.

Just added character controller, but nothing ? could you try to do the same ?

And it's confusing : character controller in physics , i thaugh script was driving totally the character, but in fact not for physix part.

Ok i got animation playing.

Well i'll do with it and try to understand Lua script, but here is my feelling on LUA :

It takes lot of code if we consider "Player.lua" , "animationManager.Lua"

As AnimationManager.lua is for every animated character should it not been in the libraries compiled in C++ for more speed ?

Why does it makes sense to keep it Lua ?

I thaught also on some hight level functions :

- RotateToPlayerDirection(speed)

- MoveToPlayer(speed)

Well perhaps it will be to us to make them and perhaps put some Lua coding in C++ libs ?

No offense YouGroove...but isnt all that stuff covered in the user guide? ..or in a handy PDF you got when you bought it?

If not..it should be...

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Just some feedback from the eval on my PC. Runs pretty well but there are some big hangups and occasional crashes when running DA. After entering through the doors before goblins attack there is a big lag. Same lag happens in other areas randomly and occasional crash. I know these bugs will be fixed but just giving feedback.

Pretty cool otherwise. Would like more info on navmesh generation and how it will deal with narrow paths like a small bridge that navmesh won't generate for.