Spearheading some LE2 community tools

TylerH

Now that Leadwerks 3 is here and LE2 is on the back burner I can come out of hiatus and get some wonderful things going.

Keep on the lookout.

ph34r.png

Cheers,

Tyler H.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

Well once I receive my SDKs for Autodesk Gameware, I am integrating Scaleform, Beast, Navigation, HumanIK in with Leadwerks 2.x, as well as euphoria.

• Upvote 1

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

Well once I receive my SDKs for Autodesk Gameware, I am integrating Scaleform, Beast, Navigation, HumanIK in with Leadwerks 2.x, as well as euphoria.

These products are not free for indie ? something like $295 per product/seat/platform ?

We will all get bankrupt before we start producing a game.

and at this price it'll be difficult to share your work with us.

But welcome back smile.png

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

Intel Quad Q6600 - nVidia GTX 460 1GB - 2 GB RAM

Yeah ..anything that improves LE2.5 is welcome.

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

I've been here since Leadwerks was 1.x and had no DLL exports back when I was in high school. Been focusing on other things, growing up, maturing, university, etc. Coming full circle to my natural passion which is programming with a concentration in games.

Integrating the Autodesk Gameware SDK's was merely something I wanted to do for personal use, but seeing as anyone can apply for an evaluation of them and utilize them for a game, sharing my work would be ideal. I also have some projects that have been back burner toast for what, 3 years now, that all had potential for helping members of the community. Plus ofcourse making a game.

-----

-----

-----

... $300, you sure? Judging by the fact there's no shop/buy page or even the price listed on there, I assumed the price to be much, much higher..

yes I found $295 just for one plugin, see http://www.autodesk....932&id=20096730 or http://www.gamefromscratch.com/post/2012/07/10/Autodesk-goes-indie-with-Scaleform.aspx

this is the only price I saw, I guess the core modules are even way higher priced.

I think Autodesk has no idea what an indie is (a guy with empty pockets and plenty of dreams).

But it's really a good choice for Tyler's Curriculum Vitae.

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

Intel Quad Q6600 - nVidia GTX 460 1GB - 2 GB RAM

The prices mentioned, $295/project/platform are indeed accurate but only for Scaleform (the lowest library on my list). Beast ( a light mapper ) is also down there.

My focus will be on HumanIK (inverse kinematics library), and Navigation, which is a new library from the people who originally made Kynogon Kynapse, then bought by Autodesk and renamed Autodesk Kynapse, and now version 2 being called Autodesk Navigation.

The only reason I was focusing on these is because they are heavily integrated in the pipeline from 3ds Max / Maya and other Autodesk tools, FBX format, and other specifications that streamline use in Leadwerks. Saves me from having to write editing tools for setting up IK skeletons or generating navmeshes and stuff of that nature.

Nonetheless, my focus is going to be from the perspective of a functional, and at the beginning, not very pretty game. Most definitely a first person shooter, and expand from there. Less talk, more walk.

Cheers,

Tyler

-----

-----

-----

I don't think the genre of a game matters so much, but the type of game and the actual gameplay. FPS is popular because that's the most natural way to simulate nature on a computer.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Guest Red Ocktober

First Person PUTS YOU IN THE GAME!!!

stuff like Occulus Rift WILL IMMERSE YOU IN THE GAME!!

but you are right about the shooter part...

i'd like to see more "games" where you are able to experience FIRST PERSON being atop Mount Everest... on a sailing a ship... visiting a virtual city... being aboard the ISS... along with some of the accompanying challenges... some of which you might want to experience in real life, but are unable to... challenges like actually climbing the mountain... controlling the sailing ship... walking through the city in search of clues to solve a crime, catch a thief... space walking around the ISS to fix or retrieve some equipment...

and i'd like to do it all from that FIRST PERSON perspective...

so, yes... the shooter part is getting a lil old... but, lets not meld the first person part with the shooter part...

there are many first person experiences that have yet to be simulated in a computer "game"...

(i guess this qualifies as my rant of the month biggrin.png eh)

--Mike