Couple of questions on Leadwerks 3

Rastar

Hi, after playing around with the tool, the following questions came up:

1) I create a new project using the Project Manager (Lua). I would have expected that I can run the project right away, but it doesn't seem to work. Opening App.lua in the Script Editor and hitting F5/F6 just notifies me that <myproect>.debug.exe couldn't be launched.

2) Isn't there a way to change the size of models by entering their numbers? The viewports show me the sizes, but I seem only to be able to change them using the mouse which is awkward.

3) Are there any commands/shortcuts to snap to the grid? Or to align objects? Without that it's pretty hard to construct the scene you want.

4) Why can't I create new primitives directly in the main viewport? I would prefer to drag-n-drop them from the toolbar (giving me e.g. a unit cube) and then resize/reposition them using their property window (or the mouse).

To finish on a positive note ;-) I like the UI, it's pleasant to look at and work with!

Im too waiting for answers to some of these, more so number 1.

I create a new project but cant run/test it?

From "getting started":

Lua Interpreter

The Lua interpreter is an executable built with the Leadwerks engine that will execute a Lua script as soon as it starts. The Lua interpreter will look for a file named "App.lua" in the "Scripts" folder, in your game project directory. The interpreter will call the App:Start() function once, and then continually call the App:Continue() function until your application ends. The Lua interpreter will be renamed to your game's name when your game project is first created, so it will be a real game executable.

I assume the above isnt happening? So dopy the Darkness awaits engine and engine.debug into your new project dir and it works, still needs fixing though.

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

I uploaded the pre-built Lua template executables for both Windows and Mac, so now you can create a new Lua project and start using it without having to compile it in Visual Studio or Xcode.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.