LE3 Android publishing error:

I have this error :

Failed to copy file "Fonts\arial.tff"

mini_383773androidpublish.jpg

And i had empty message box alerts also ?

I just tested PC publishing and it worked just great with icon on the desktop and the installer :)

Android could be more problematic ?

Stop toying and make games

I found a solution :)

Choose another directory where to publish your game like :

C: \TEMP

and it will work.

That's very strange, that's means that there is a problem with the default path of publishing displayed byt the project manager, it will need to be fixed.

Strange i launched Eclipse try to import evene a project i published under C:\temp

but no way , Eclispe don't find any java project anywhere ?

Even for "Darkness Awaits" no project anywhere ?

I think i'll stay a little more with PC games programming and progressing in LE 3 and LUA minwhile.

Is there any progress on this yet? I'm also having the same trouble.

"If our brains were simple enough for us to understand them, we'd be so simple that we couldn't." - Ian Stewart 1995.

I believe this is caused by the res/raw folder missing. I updated the project templates, and there are two ways you can fix this.

1. Run the Leadwerks Updater, then create a new C++ or Lua project. The updated templates will fix your problem.
  2. The other way is to just manually create the missing folder. It is located at
    "(YourGameName)/Projects/Android/res/raw"

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It looks like the file "NDK Builder.launch" isn't getting copied when the project is created from a template...investigating now...

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Okay, it was caused because of some code that ignored files that start with "." because on Mac those are hidden files. Will post a new build that fixes this.

I copied "NDK Builder.launch" from the template into my project and got a different error...

"Errors running builder 'Integrated External Tool Builder' on project 'Test'.

The file does not exist for the external tool named NDK Builder."

EDIT : @ Josh, Okay :)

Bad JRE version on my laptop, so bad launch of Eclipse in the LE3 folder.

I put a message for not forget the JRE in the doc part about compiling Android :)

When we update, do we need to update Android part also ?

Or does the installer update LE3 PC and LE3 Android ?

The Leawerks Updater will automatically update files for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS, if you have those add-ons. You may need to create a new project, if I made fixes to the project templates.

I uploaded a new build of the editor, and new C++ and Lua projects will compile out-of-the-bcx now. You cannot create a new Android template on Mac right now, due to their prolific use of hidden files in Eclipse projects. :/