YouGroove

LeadWerks forum split LE 2 - LE 3

Will it be some forum split ? LE 2 - LE 3 ?

there is indeed less LE 2 posts , perhals let's stay like that.

Well the forum was quiet even before the release of Leadwerks 3.

I suppose most people had few questions to ask anymore.

Some people only purchased le2 a month afo or less and they deserve some help.

A seperate section for le2 users would be fine so we know which version people are talking about.

Guest Red Ocktober

segregation.. is dat what we're talking about...

are us Leadwerks 2 developers now expected to sit in the back of the bus... to use the other restrooms... not to have a vote in the course of our community...

i must protest... i must vigorously protest!!!

join me in the million man march on washington dc to protest this unimaginable state of affairs!!

i have a dream... that one day, Leadwerks 2 developers will be able to share the same forum spaces as Leadwerks 3 developers...

come together... right nowww... over me...

cool.png

--Mike

We are with you to a man! (or woman)

Where is this er Washington dc?

Is it in Cornwall?rolleyes.gif

I think it's better to have one forum for all versions, because there are many common things between the versions, and it would cause lots of duplicate posts and/or unanswered questions when people don't cross-look in the other forum for answers for the same question.

Yes i hope this sort of convention will be lot more used.

Lua script is not so common betwenn LE 2 and LE 3, specially with LE3 new features like attaching , target, multiscritpts etc ...

With each day there are more LE3 users, and with each day there are less LE2 users, there's no possibility of new le2 users so with that in mind, I think a single section for topics regarding LE2 would suffice. Or assume le3 as default subject and people can just put the word LE2 in the topic title, but then it would be more scattered and would bloat le3 forums with irrelevant info, get buried quicker...

Ho guys,

Just go for a LE2 section and LE3 as simple as that.

Today all scripts/programming are mixed, sometimes a question or problem is posted and it's hard to see if it is LE 2 or LE 3.

I always put LE3 in title, people should do the same.

Exactly, sepearate sections. Folders/sections evolved for exactly this. Tags are messy and reliant on the poster to remember. If there is a clear divide then use it!