What are you working on :

YouGroove

Like 3D art sites, let's have a WIP topic (we could have also wome WIP thread).

So people, could yous use LE2 or Leadwerks 3, post here a picture or video of what you are working on in Leadwerks smile.png

Let start :

A space semi real time RPG/strategy space game.

spacegame.jpg

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

huh? isn't that what the showcase forum is for?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Well i suppose this would be similar to the "what are you working on?" thread.

I am currently working on an skeleton game base using the LE2 engine to eventually build a game upon. This involves a gameplay manager, sound manager, and so on.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

In fact showcase i think is to display a real project you are making and already take shape.

Wip is just showing progress of what you do, it can be alpha stages or beginning of something that you are just beginning.

Yes , it should be named "What you are working on", i do'nt know how to chaneg title, if not delete post and remake one ?

Stop toying and make games

huh? isn't that what the showcase forum is for?

Glancing back to old TGC times, I would have thought showcase forum would be better suited to actual completed products that you want to show off. Maybe there should be an completely dedicated work in progress board here.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

In fact showcase i think is to display a real project you are making and already take shape.

Isn't that the definition of WIP? ... or are you saying that you want a forum to show off fictional/pretend projects on which no work has been done?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Hei BES, you have a working planet renderer? (as in LOD planet full scaled?)

Yeah ....pretty much ...it needs improvement though.

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

if you are gonna have wip then it should be informative and give some indication of what you are working on.

I am working on a space game..have been for a while now..

GOAL:

Release by episode ...each episode with 3-4 chapters...at the end of each episode its the end of your characters life(or retirement at age 50)...the new episode will let you choose another character ..but you have to stay on that specific class you chose in the beginning of Episode 1.

The game will be an RPG,FPS,RTS,Flight Sim(space fighters) ..all rolled into 1 game ...IF I can pull it off..

3 character classes(so far..probably wont have any more) ..each class will share part of the main storyline just different perspectives ..(basically you can re-play the game and it will be different depending on choices and depending on if you chose a different class)

Right now the 3 character classes will be ...fighter pilot,marine, starship captain

The concept is to find a new home while exploring the universe, human evolution through exploration and finding new resources and tech..while encountering different races and/or creatures...

Exploration will cover planet surfaces,nebula's, gas giants,deep space,asteroid fields and other things(exotic etc)

Story will have limited voice acting (done by me and some family members), and choices ....choices will determine what happens in the game ...choices based on actions or what you selected in the dialog when speaking to NPCs

All ships will have some sort of shield system,

All ships will have some sort of weapon system,

All ships will have damage effects (debris flying off the hull..burn marks..actual parts blown off)

All ships will have realistic subsystem damage and internal damage ...like if your fighter got hit in the shield subsystem there will be levels of damage like low,med,high,destroyed and the cockpit will short out in that area depending on the level of damage..

Slow moving home base/colony ship (sort of like a moving Dyson sphere but smaller) as return base for any collected research or resources and where all the upgrades happen...

Same ship damage method as the fighter for the capital ships

Will try to have kb/mouse, 360 controller, joystick controls for characters and ships(already have the code)

Working on procedural planets with tessellation, atmospheric transitions,day/night cycles so you can fly through the atmosphere and land on any planet

Realistic suns (with all the fiery glory)

Marines get zero-g combat

Marine gear will use nanotechnology/holographic (body armor will deploy once in combat mode,same with weapons), optional sword for close combat..

Marines and ships are upgradable depending on research and technology found during exploration..

there is more but I think you get the idea..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Figured there would be more responses to this thread... guess you all are scared! tongue.png

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I'm working on a full c++/lua-api comaptible .NET Wrapper for Leadwerks 3.

Screenies:

post-4-0-37022100-1363126796_thumb.png

post-4-0-27363100-1363126812_thumb.jpg

I'm also working on some shaders (no screens yet) and some small scripts. Also I'm currently trying to get used to the Graphite Terrain Engine (Grome 3).

• Upvote 2
  • Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

Guest Red Ocktober

has anyone got anything resembling a game (similar to the First Person project that Andy previewed) deployed onto one of the mobile platforms yet, that they could show... vid or screenies... or just a few words would be good...

thx...

--Mike

Sorry ...mine isnt that far along ....it could be ...but im in the middle of converting assets to one big folder so its easier for me ...since I have them spread all over 3Tb of drive space..havent been able to find anything very easily..

I have another pic though..

post-2229-0-17086000-1363380580_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2