plus ...

terrain model sets done quit some time ago :

ss_image3.png

inDoor "usable" items some time ago :

ss_image5.png

inGame "gui" setup & stuff - w.i.p. :

ss_image4.png

... really ?! - i need to write freaking html to post images. cool.png

... congrats "future world" - from 'drag&drop' to 'open mini code window, write some stuff just to display an image'.

... ah, OK - automatism.

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

@ Red

Thanks man..graphics card on first 2 pics from the top is Intel GM 45, and new system hitting 40 FPS on given scene...quite good..last 3 shots are LE 2.x and card is nVidia GTS 450..if i run same scene on system used for first 2 shots, its peaking up to 600FPS..

@Mumbles

Yes, you are correct about London Underground roundel..that particular part of level is under repairing right now, so it will be no collision with any trademark thingy smile.png

You would really need to see it for yourself to see the whole theme, but I am having some problems finding a good middle ground between spookiness from the blackness, and visibility.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

Some really nice stuff showing up in here, strangly alot of LE2 work which is good. I ended up back in LE2 today after creating some rock models and this is what i ended up with.

Only 5 different different objects in this scene and the rocks are all below 200 polys, the small rocks are below 100 polys.

Le2 is so amazing...

post-72-0-93786700-1364574316_thumb.png

Andy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

Thanks, it's not a game or anything just simply a scene I mocked up using my rock models to see repeatability as there is only 3 rock models there. I dont have any intentions to make game from le2 unfortunately how ever much I miss its visual capabilities.

Multi rock?

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

I've done quite a few of them already, I spent quite a lot of time learning how to sculpt and design rocks. I did put a few screenies on here last year of some rocks and 'multi rocks' as you call them.

Andy

@ yougroove ... these rocks are used differently and have the drawback to not scale very well - they are designed and work very well in a traditional level setup (think "KingKong" or "Tarzan" movie here) though. With CSG you want something like p.o.m. ... see the articles. hf happy.png

Some really nice stuff showing up in here, strangly alot of LE2 work which is good. I ended up back in LE2 today after creating some rock models and this is what i ended up with.

Only 5 different different objects in this scene and the rocks are all below 200 polys, the small rocks are below 100 polys.

Le2 is so amazing...

post-72-0-93786700-1364574316_thumb.png

Andy

yes I agree, LE2 renderer is poetry, I understand it may make me look unhip to drool over graphical quality but *droool*

I think Josh misses it being in LE3 too! So that could be a good thing.

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

Hmmm, le2 renderer was state of the art ... now its just what a 3d engine should deliver and "all other" do. However, i think josh made his point clear that he rather build the foundation for a new kick-*** renderer instead of forever adding stuff on. The le2 ssao is still pretty good though.

@DigitalHax I'm liking the scene even though it's a bit hard to see. Posting shots of scenes like these can be a bit problematic.. a lot of people have badly calibrated monitors.. so sometimes it's better to brighten them up a bit, even if that loses some of the athmosphere..

@Andy that shot just rocks! Good scene for 5 objects, you make it look so easy smile.png

@Naughty Alien, pro stuff, I like the new style (no outlines) ... good luck with ep2!

... some really good stuff, i'm very pleased :D