What are you working on :

YouGroove

Just working on a test game in LE3....

Video

Looks like it's coming along nicely, I think you should have the enemies only make the alert sound sometimes so they can sneak up on the player occasionally, at the moment it pretty much alerts you of it's presence right away which makes it easy to pre-aim and kill.

Something like

if prevmode~="chase" then
if self.sound.alert and math.random(1, 100) < 25 then
self.entity:EmitSound(self.sound.alert);
end
end
-- 25% chance of alerting of presence.

On a side note I'm working on the map for the menu background of my game, it's themed in a Spacestation

4cb65a0daa.jpg

• Upvote 8

I think you should have the enemies only make the alert sound sometimes so they can sneak up on the player occasionally

Thanks Averice...As far as the enemies go, these are just temporary enemies...I am trying my luck at modeling some enemies in Blender...They are coming along slowly...Your space station is looking good,,,,Keep up the good work....

• 2 weeks later...

More menu background map progress, I plan to have it as a live background map so you'll see AI walking around doing their jobs and **** nothing major just something to pop out and show it's an actual map not just a picture in the background.

Need some help deciding, Bloom or no bloom

Note this is only for a menu background, not an actual gameplay map.

c8dead0105.jpg

f471933335.jpg

• Upvote 2

@Averice

IT looses something without bloom

What i do is i tweak Bloom parameters on the shader file, to have a subtle but visible bloom enhancing the scene.

Ishaders-> postEffects-> Bloom

Bloom.shader

Here is the values i use :

uniform float cutoff=0.35;//The lower this value, the more blurry the scene will be
uniform float overdrive=0.5;//The higher this value, the brighter the bloom effect will be

Stop toying and make games

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll post a new picture once I get some more stuff happening in the scene to avoid posting the same scene 4 times haha.

Good eye panther, the seats were out by 1cm, no I didn't make the models, I originally started this project in unity and had bought the model pack from the asset store so I just dropped them into Leadwerks and continued using them it was a pretty seamless drag and drop and they were able to be used which was nice, the only thing I had to do was re-add the materials to them which took about 5 minutes.

The unity asset store has some really nice content that is compatible with Leadwerks( am I allowed to say that? ), some model packs have their models as a U3dMesh which for some reason puts the pieces out of alignment in Leadwerks but it's as simple as opening blender and using the Leadwerks exporter instead of the usual .fbx exporter and they're fine to use again.

A dark maze game with no ambient light, so that you can not see past corner or on the other side of the wall. Here's the menu:

QMmc9HI.png

And here is the game itself:

fwCYi3i.png

edit: and a screenshot of the map itself. Looking at the performance of the game (never below 100 fps at 1080p), I'm thinking about making maps bigger, to make the game a bit harder.

kdTLQNk.png

• Upvote 3

: : i7 4700mq : : GT 745m : : 8GB : : Steam : :

Some fun project I'm willing to complete before Sunday the 1st:

Gameplay only video:

• Upvote 3

Using Leadwerks Professional Edition (Beta), mainly using C++.

Windows 10 / Linux Mint, Visual Studio 2017. GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX970, CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz

Previously known as Evayr.

Currently working on level design for my FPS/Space Simulator I have started - Universal.

I have also applied for patents, Trademark and copyright for the project :D

post-13526-0-35207200-1422244058_thumb.jpg

The SUBWAY

post-13526-0-06755700-1422244072_thumb.jpg

Prototype of one of the small hangers

I have loads of levels to make (face palm)... lol

• Upvote 5

Speed mapping:

This thread inspired me to give another shot at BSP mapping in Leadwerks.

post-4357-0-73671700-1423044741_thumb.jpg

post-4357-0-21431100-1423044750_thumb.jpg

post-4357-0-73403800-1423044753_thumb.jpg

About 30-40 minutes (with a lot of trial and error) loosely based on this reference image: http://hellkeeper.net/images/map/pics/atomnium/atomnium4.jpg

My conclusions are:

• BSP is a very fast way to layout rough level geometry.
  • Performance in the editor was acceptable, however towards the end it got sluggish.
  • Real time lighting is an amazing feature - you can instantly see your maps come alive.
  • Needs optimisations and new features to become a truly enjoyable experience.

Suggestions:

1. Add mirroring options (XYZ)
  2. Keyboard shortcuts for rotating (XYZ) and mirroring
  3. Vertex manipulation and slicing (essential)
  4. Performance improvements
  5. Fix the group(s) locked texture issue: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/10401-leadwerks-texturing-bugs/#entry84783

• Upvote 6

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Good work Olby.

But your method could be improved like using bSP to block only the base level, because the complicated area on floor could be a model more with rounded shapes and more detailled, like on ceiling , also on walls some columns could be detailled models :

+ Better performance

+ overllok is better with detailled models

Using only BSP your is looking squarry, but after all it's a design and visual choice.

Good work Olby.

But your method could be improved like using bSP to block only the base level, because the complicated area on floor could be a model more with rounded shapes and more detailled, like on ceiling , also on walls some columns could be detailled models :

+ Better performance

+ overllok is better with detailled models

Using only BSP your is looking squarry, but after all it's a design and visual choice.

Thanks. Exactly YG, you will never convince me that doing this in Blender or any other modelling suite (especially mapping part) would be easier (more detailed, yes). Stick to what you like and I stick to my tools. We need to have more than one way of achieving certain results, the more the better. :)

I meaned making the complex decorative parts in Blender like floor stuff.

Anyway watching your video intirely i seen that it takes too much time using actual BSP system to make such room while you'll go lot more faster in Blender and using Auto Unwrap.

What is really missing tools that would make you win lot of time are :

- Extrude

- Bevel

- Select/Slice Loop and Ring

There are among the most important ones needed in any modeling software.

Also you create lot of individual volumes you then adjust, because you don't have extrude and other tools, it just multiplies the number of faces and vertex. And it is longer creation as lot of times you have to create a new object and loose time adjusting it , while a simple face extrude would make same result and would be much quicker.

I don't try to convince you to adopt another method, if you can achieve a complete game with BSP mainly and keep performance, that's what matters wink.png

@YG - I don't like to use Blender, its the most awkward software package I have ever seen. There is nothing that will make it suitable (at least in my eyes) for Leadwerks level design. Like I mentioned in the post above, once Josh (if ever) implements a full CSG toolset (at least what we had in 3DWS) then it will be as powerful. And as for performance, it was mentioned that BSPs get collapsed and optimised (poly reduction) therefore in the game they are fast. The problem we're currently facing is the editor inefficiency - each brush is as a separate entity, with all the bells and whistles.

- each brush is as a separate entity

So each box or other shape composing some wall for example is an entity, so you could hav 30 entities fro some detailled wall having some column and some other shapes, while it would be one entity if it was an imported FBX ?

Anyway i like your BSP mapping, you have just to wait for better tools to make BSP lot more faster (extrude, bevel, cut/Select loop etc ...)