What are you working on :

YouGroove

Been working on a 3D character model for a Frech guy (for his game) in 3DCoat.

I said it before, but i'll say it again...3DCoat is super awesome! Has the easiest PBR material creation feature i've ever used. Substance Designer is also pretty awesome, but for me, it takes longer to actually create a material from scratch in Substance Designer than in 3DCoat.

Really happy with how he turned out. Would be cool if LE would ever have PBR shaders/render capabilties, but i guess we'll just have to wait some time for that to happen. biggrin.png

One of the coolest things about PBR/IBL is that your model will ALWAYS look good in any lighting condition.

Already done the rigging also (in blender), just a few tiny modifications to make. But, here is a render of the model in 3DCoat. smile.png

TestRender2_zpswlbjlpzq.png

• Upvote 9

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

I like the design, it's high-tech without being too over the top.

Thanks, Josh! smile.png

That was the kind of look/design we whent for (well, i modeled after some references he gave me biggrin.png), and the result is really great, if i say so myself. i will probably do the weapon(s) too, and later a female version.

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

After having beeing away (far to long) doing other things I'm back and catching up. I have a game idea which I have started my preparations for. The game idea is actually not revolutionary in any way. Have been done before many times by many. Its the Explore An Environment, Being stopped by some difficulties that has to be solved before getting further on. The name of this is "Zero - In search of the void" or shortly just "Zero"

Zero is heavily inspired from the old game "MYST" released back in 1991 without being a clone. The game is the exploring type of game where you have to solve different problems to get further on. No guns, No blood, No fighting. If you are finding that boring this is nothing for you. I'm just so tired of all shooting/fighting game. Actually I have no direct story besides the "explore -> solve -> next" so nothing new here, just same old stuff done so many times before but hopefully in a compelling way.

It is a First-Person game, nothing special about that. Will use the FPSPlayer script as base and make modification where needed. Point and click to handle objects. A simple inventory will help you collecting useful things. So actually no fancy stuff, just a simple traditional game.

I have an idea on how the game will be, but no written plot or something like that. That's not what I would recommend to others, but I will take things as the come, which may lead to throwing away stuff that did not go as expected or adding other things. I don't worry to much about that as I'm alone on this.

Right now I havent any fancy screenshots to share except a logo.

post-395-0-93427200-1440440757.png

• Upvote 5

AV MX Linux

My game is similar to Rolands. Its called Wanderlath . Set in medieval times. The king of Wanderlath has been kidnapped by evil men and his daughter Jane, sets out to rescue him. There are puzzles and sword fights , no guns other than a cannon that blows down a castle door.been going at it since le2 on which I still have an unfinished version.

• Upvote 1

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

@Roland :

That's good games also , no need for violence to have amazing games (Journey or Flower on PS3 as examples).

You can still make traps and dangers you need to avoid , put some creatures to avoid or use something to make them move out of your way. And why not adding some few NPC with some conversation this will help to add more life to your game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/294440

Can't wait to see first screenshots smile.png

• Upvote 2

Stop toying and make games

Realtime reflections using dual parabolic env shader (2 extra cameras with the new render to texture)

But there is a caveat..., since I can't hide the reflection object before the render to texture, I have to place the cameras inside the sphere.

So.. it will only work for spheres. Arbitrary geometry would self reflect.

• Upvote 5

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

If each render covers half the sphere, and we can only see pixels that face the camera, why not orient the split to face the camera, so your can eliminate one of the passes?

You could also do a very rough "fix" by setting the camera near range to a high value like 2 meters.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Realtime reflections using dual parabolic env shader (2 extra cameras with the new render to texture)

But there is a caveat..., since I can't hide the reflection object before the render to texture, I have to place the cameras inside the sphere.

So.. it will only work for spheres. Arbitrary geometry would self reflect.

Awwhhh shiiit. This is what I'm talking bout man! So damn sexy!

• Upvote 1

• Upvote 4

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

They look good.

Are they done all in Blender , modeling/sculpting ?

Yes. BUT. It all depends on what are your goal is. For example, all hard surface scult, retopo, texturing and baking are done in 3D coat. Strokes in blender, feels better because you are working with polygons and not voxels. This why we have surface room in 3D coat, it is more blender like poly sculpt.

• 3 weeks later...

Screenshot of an overcast sky, part of a new LE skybox pack i'm creating. I'm very pleased with the result i got.

My previous pack had only sunrises/sunsets, but this new one will have a variety of skies for daytime, night, overcast, sunrises, and more. smile.png

More screens will follow.

NewSkyBoxTest_zpsgbwb4gvt.png

• Upvote 10