What are you working on :

YouGroove

Sci-door made in zbrush and textured in 3DCoat for my game CrystalsOfTheia smile.png . Also made emissive map for the yellow parts at the top of the doorframe, and also for the blue digital screens.

SciFiDoor3DCoat04_zpsu5powrfg.png

• Upvote 13

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Started working on a few new props for my Desert pack! Been a long while since I updated it, lol.

Here's a render in 3DCoat of a new asset for the pack, a desert cliffrock. Going to make a variety of such cliffrocks for desertlike environments. By combining/rotating/scaling these rocks, you can then create a wide range of custom and larger cliffrock formations.

CliffRockTall01_zpsw3eyuo7f.png

• Upvote 9

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-8 at 5:09 PM, Josh said:

Wow, that's really good.

Thanks, Josh! :)

With the upcoming new features for LE 5 in mind, I had some fun in Substance Designer, and came up with this granite rock like substance. Many variations can be generated from this one substance to produce a multitude of high quality textures. 

LE 5 is still a long way to go, but what the heck...creating textures is fun, they are always useful, and we better prepare ourselves beforehand, right :D?

GraniteRocksSD_zpsemgdwijv.png

• Upvote 1

The only thing that won't carry over is additional editor features, since that is being started anew.  I'm not scared to work on documentation and examples now because it will carry over pretty easily, and we still have a lot of things left to do with 4.x.

The one thing I am reluctant to do is put a lot more time into the editor.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...

i downloaded some free weapons and completed it in blender

Then i changed the FPSGun.Lua so the rpg7 Munition hide and show

for the grenade i use the FPSGrenade Script from "Einlander" and changed some positions

also i implemented a nightvision to the player  :)

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, shadmar said:

WHAT THE HECK?!  DUDE! :D

The water would probably look a lot better if the waves were made maybe four times smaller.  The features look too big compared to the landscape.

No idea how you did any of this.  That is awesome.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 4 weeks later...

Been having soo much fun in zbrush lately, lol! Worked on some bullet hole impact effects, and this is the result so far in zbrush:

bullet_hole_zb01.pngNext up is to grab the depth, normal, ambient occlusion and any other required information, and then texture the whole thing in 3DCoat, or perhaps use substance designer/painter. 
Once that's done, all maps will be used to create bullet hole decals :)
Cheers!

• Upvote 6

Thanks, knocks! The cool thing is, now that I've created this bullethole, I can create an alpha of this model (which I already did ;)), or also a zbrush brush, and reuse this on any other model (for example, demolish a wall with bulletholes :D).

The alpha or brush can then also be rotated, scaled, scaled in depth, etc...to make a variety of 'different' bulletholes, and speed up the workflow of course.

Or, I can modify the original bullethole model here and there, and grab an alpha of the new bulletimpact model, and create a whole library of different bulletholes.

Zbrush is not an easy program to get into, but once you get used to it, it's soo complete, and a lot of fun to work with. 

• Upvote 2

Trying out NVIDEA's HairWorks on a cube (made in blender and then added the hair, also in blender). Result is really impressive. Hair uses strands instead of the usual 3D plane models. 
The hair (strands) can be combed, cut, and shaped in any way you like in blender, and then you can change the look of the hair in NVIDEA's viewer using many different options and get exactly the look you want for your hair. You can also add/change the hair material in blender if you wish :).

The hair behaves realistically to wind, collision, head/body movement, etc...

In The Witcher 3, they used the same kinda hair. 

Here's an image of the hair on the cube model, and I added a wind effect to see how the hair reacts.

Hair_Works_Test01.png

• Upvote 3

Clothing creation in zbrush is fun fun fun! Here's a couple of cloth pieces i've been working on...t-shirt, pants, boots, skimask, and lastly a WIP vest :).

Next part of the process is sculpting in the folds, add pockets/buttons/zippers (or any other kind of detail), make the final uv map, and then bake the textures that will be used for texturing. Fun stuff if you ask me :)!

Enemy_Base_WIP01.png

Vest_WIP01.png

Vest_WIP02.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my latest work of art in zbrush...a bandana! :)
Low poly model is only 766 quads. 

BandanaWIP02.thumb.png.1fd4ca870706bc48a91a2cedac203d7b.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jen said:

I'm working on the "lobby" feature, adding a queue system for players to wait until enough players join the game before the round can start.

I changed the map again, changing the theme from an island to a more fitting location - barracks in the middle of the desert. 

It is really looking great Jen.

• Upvote 1

Having played a bunch of Quake lately, and as some of you may already know - I have a passion for classic 90's shooters, I decided to have a little play about and see if I could make anything Quake-esque. And I think I did!

Having so much fun with this I think I'll actually try and make a decent project out of it.

https://youtu.be/Ft5EjqPa5xw

(Can't remember how to embed YouTube videos... could anyone remind me?)

NightmarePrism 2017-09-27 22-58-42-34.jpg

• Like 3

I will see what I can do about automating that.

Awesome video!  I have an idea for a new monster.  Set the crawler material to be invisible, but still cast a shadow so all you see is his shadow,

17 hours ago, Angelwolf said:

Having so much fun with this I think I'll actually try and make a decent project out of it.

(Can't remember how to embed YouTube videos... could anyone remind me?)

When I post that same link I get an automatic embed. :huh: