What are you working on :

YouGroove

@Shadmar , about frame rate is your solution better ? Caus as a custom solution you can have any custom ranges you want.

About objects, when they are big structures : big rock assets, big building castles, it would need to behave differently and even been visible on long distances combined with some LOD.

Stop toying and make games

Hello

I have been tinkering on my game. It is going to be a coop-survival game were the players have to fight of zombies till sun rises again. So far I managed to get networking up and go + a simple menu. Players can run around the map/level but physics like gravity and collisions needs implementation. But first I want to have TP-camera so I could start with level design.

raftUab.png

I must say Leadwerks is an amazing thing, only wished I knew about 5 years ago biggrin.png

• Upvote 4

@Vulcan :

What system do you use ? C++ only ? I Wish LE3 to implement some Lua usable network for any purpose would be top.

Like some incoming games, able to switch solo game to coop game instanatenously would be the greta use of networking.

You play solo some RPG or FPS or other, than some friend loggin and join your game while you are playing without needing any lobby.

I don't know how it works on Far Cry 4 ? But i think with Steam integrated perhaps clicking on friend from the game could send them a request if they want to join your game, clicking yes would launch the game and make your friend join you where you are in the game ?

Stop toying and make games

Sounds like me and you are making similar games, except mine is in first person smile.png . How are you gong about implementing the networking? Are you using pure sockets, raknet or another 3rd party solution?

I am using RakNet and found it to be easier than going the pure-raw socket route. Tried that one before with beej's tutorials and got things to work except for congestion control. At that time I could not figure out why my 2d tank (aka RA2 style) did go smooth for about 5 sec than got sluggish. After some on-off reading on reddit /r/gamedev I came across an article on how to do MMO network and explained about UDP congestion. And people were recommending RakNet or Enet but I was too stubborn with sockets. Don't do that.

I recommend

(note: it uses LE2 so there are some minor changes).

@Vulcan :

What system do you use ? C++ only ? I Wish LE3 to implement some Lua usable network for any purpose would be top.

Like some incoming games, able to switch solo game to coop game instanatenously would be the greta use of networking.

You play solo some RPG or FPS or other, than some friend loggin and join your game while you are playing without needing any lobby.

I don't know how it works on Far Cry 4 ? But i think with Steam integrated perhaps clicking on friend from the game could send them a request if they want to join your game, clicking yes would launch the game and make your friend join you where you are in the game ?

Yes I use C++ with RakNet as network lib handling the nitty-gritty stuff. In my game the host is solo player (server is internal) and other players are able to join/leave anytime they wish. I have not implemented player account yet but it would be strait forward.

Do anyone know if Lua (in LE) could load a DLL? If so could try to create it.

Hmm...I assumed this engine was too slow to use voxels... what FPS are you getting?, exact FPS ..since I see 1 screenshot... does it drop a lot or maintain around the same?

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Hmm...I assumed this engine was too slow to use voxels... what FPS are you getting?, exact FPS ..since I see 1 screenshot... does it drop a lot or maintain around the same?

The FPS is ok, it is terrible in debug mode because calling the update function is too slow. However in release mode it is playable. Also don't try it in LUA, it will only work in c++. I was getting between 30 and 60 fps depending on view distance, unfortunately I accidentally lost all my projects that weren't backed up and this was one of them sad.png . You'll see the FPS in that particular screenshot is 29, I did eventually get it more optimized.

If the engine ever allows generating models on another thread this will be perfectly viable. It only stutters in debug mode, or generating more than 3 chunks per frame.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I don't think that was generating any collision geometry...

The FPS is ok, it is terrible in debug mode because calling the update function is too slow. However in release mode it is playable. Also don't try it in LUA, it will only work in c++. I was getting between 30 and 60 fps depending on view distance, unfortunately I accidentally lost all my projects that weren't backed up and this was one of them sad.png . You'll see the FPS in that particular screenshot is 29, I did eventually get it more optimized.

If the engine ever allows generating models on another thread this will be perfectly viable. It only stutters in debug mode, or generating more than 3 chunks per frame.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I don't think that was generating any collision geometry...

That is very cool, thanks for the info.. guess I can try messing with voxels too then.

Sorry you lost your work though...its why I have back-ups on several drives.. I still end up losing stuff but not as much as I would if I didn't back up anything..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Just felt like showing off my re-do of my reflections (W.I.P).. It's a lot more work than just a shader unfortunately otherwise I would share.. I might make a video tutorial sometime eventually...

Note: in this version there is no plane, it's entirely post-process. I do draw a plane on its own to a buffer to get depth values however.

post-11564-0-81580100-1404382262_thumb.png

• Upvote 4