What are you working on :

YouGroove

No bloom , let's try toon effect with custom values.

toonshader.jpg

@Shadmar :

Your effect is great.

I would suggest to add an important line with a parameter that impacts a lot how you want toon effect :

//Modulate steps in 0.1
   scene.rgb -= mod(scene.rgb,modulateStep);

I added my own fixe float : modulateStep

Because it cna change a lot how much you want color dither or not.

Stop toying and make games

Calling Entity::Instance() will generally be fast enough for real-time use. Entity::Copy() should not be used in the game loop. A pool of entities will be slightly faster than calling Entity::Instance(), since nothing needs to be allocated.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 3 weeks later...

Power of perlin noise, calculated in real time on the gpu using Leadwerks 3. (big *** picture)

lava11.png

That's actually brilliant. You don't have to worry about texture resolution at all and always have perfect resolution, regardless of how close you are to the surface.
  • Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Power of perlin noise, calculated in real time on the gpu using Leadwerks 3. (big *** picture)

Nice job..looks good.

My recent creation :

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=68250

• Upvote 1

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

48kO0v4.png?2

I wanted to make it look more like Doom, so I made the resolution really small. It really only works in full-screen, but the results are delicious.

I'd like to see this make use of the real-time shadows and maybe tessellation for some of those pixelated surfaces. That would be a really interesting retro take on modern graphics. What if all those nice brick surfaces were popping out of the walls? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Only begin of level for now In the works : Darkness Awaits 2 (means Leadwerks 3.1) small demo for PC (like 3.0 will be included in LE3 package)

This is 3D tiles models for floor/walls , the decorative and other objects are simple models, and some with simple invisible collision shapes.

I used Bloom effect with strong parameters, and Bloom effect on alpha map facing camera for the blue Lamp effect

Tools used for room making :

- 3D coat for all sculpting

- CGTextures for stone textures and other textures materials

- Gimp 2

For the main character and NPC as discussed with Josh , this will be some talented character artists that will make a custom hero and some monster type (sculpted/painted/animated),and for scripting part , it's to be determined.

nncz5.jpg

If i have more free time , i'll try to begin some blog on the making off with 3D coat, modular 3D tiles making, photo textures use and modification.

----------------------------

EDIT :

Good April joke.

It seems nobody fallen in it ?

• Upvote 4

Stop toying and make games

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Planet Finland? happy.png

Funny biggrin.png ...but no ... its "Planet Z" ..atm ...since that is what I called the custom shader.

It was an April fools joke? Why not make it for real, or make an impromptu Leadwerks game dev jam where people make their own version of Darkness awaits? You just need to set a timeline and foals and objectives that must be in the game. It would allow new Leadwerks users to see how everyone can have the same idea and follow through differently to get a different outcome.

Here's a quick shot showing a single example of how docked ships get loaded and positioned at the docking stall they were last recorded as being at. Obviously missing lots of art--in the process of converting files now. But, you get the idea wink.png

IntegrationWIP.jpg

• Upvote 2

--"There is no spoon"