3D World Studio on Windows 8

Dave Adams

I haven't been able to get 3D World Studio 5.6 to successfully run on Windows 8. I have turned UAC off and installed and run the program in various compatibility modes as administrator and it continues to lock up. It appears to begin loading and the interface will sometimes load but nothing is functional. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this? C++ Runtime Error R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call ohmy.png

------------------

Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130108-1504)

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: GA-78LMT-S2

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM

Page File: 1998MB used, 7390MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit NVIDIA GeForce GT 520

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Was anyone able to resolve this? I'm having the same issue running 3D World Studio in Windows 8. Does not work running as an administrator or in compatibility mode for an previous Windows OS. If it no longer works, then TGC needs to take this off of their website for sale immediately.

Please provide a resolution to the matter.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Atleast why not release the source code now that it has become abandonware?
I mostly need it as a modding tool for a game called SCP - Containment Breach (made in Blitz3D) and we found 3DWS the easiest tool to use for room creation. There currently are no good alternatives to it that can export to .b3d and only pre-windows 8 users can use it.

It boils down to they want you to buy new software.

I am still using win 7 on my model and game making computers. #D W works fine on win 7.

I just wish Jos woulds fix all the bugs in 3D W. Al Update it, look at blender, it is free and we paid good money for 3d w.

He shoudls stop thinking about a game engine and make 3D W what it sure be. It is still one of the best terrain builder out their.

He would sell more of 3D W than any game engine. Well I said my peace, I will shut up now.

• 2 weeks later...