Register abstract paths for Editor resources

TylerH

Specifically for Vex, we store our assets as an external on our SVN, and keeping the Editor in the bin folder with the game executable.

Like this:

SVN Root/Assets

SVN Root/Bin/Editor.exe

For that reason, it would be great if we could add abstract paths to the Editor for loading resources from different places.

Cheers,

Tyler

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

Right now you can set one path for everything to be loaded from, in Options>Paths>Game path.

One quick way to add more paths is you could create a script in the "Scripts/start/" folder and add the lines to register those extra abstract paths.

I actually always keep the editor in a separate folder from the engine, because the source code needs to be separate.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Ah, ok. That start script idea is great, thank you :unsure:.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

Having multiple paths is a nice idea. I really like good old Worldcraft, and how they have a million buttons and little windows for everything you do. Something like that with an ability to add paths would be nice.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.