LE3 Bugs/Incompatible

Hello, I'm excited to see LE3 finally being out, but so far I've only had issues with it.

1) Once I open up LE3 and Run the project that comes with the package, I only see a Black screen.

After pressing "Enter" I get right into the game and I can see the various UI elements (health).

So why am I not able to see the Menu that should be displayed at the beginning?

2) Opening an animated model (mdl) in the editor results in a bunch of random polygons, and I'm unable to scroll through the animation sequence.

3) Other static models can be seen, but there is no z-order, I can see right through the model.

4) Opening the texture viewer for the first time I only see a black screen, opening it several times finally reveals the texture.

SPECS:

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6870

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965

RAM: 4GB HyperX 2133MHz

To be true i can´t understand how LE3 could be out of beta so quick.

There are still many small bugs that just leave a bad taste and sometimes even require restarting the whole PC to be able to continue developing.

If these would be fixed it would be an Editor that would be fun to use.

I only hope they get fixed as soon as the GDC is over.

Interesting, with the Beta drivers it works fine, it crashed one time during start-up but it seems to be working just fine now.

Every single issue which I mentioned seems to have been fixed after installing the Beta drivers.

However, it certainly does NOT function properly with the latest revision of AMD Catalyst "13.1", and you should not expect people to have beta drivers "13.3" installed - in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...