LE 3 with Visual Studio 2012 Error

sidewinder128

Hello everyone,

Im new to LE 3 and Im trying to compile my first project with Visual Studio 2012 but I get an error.

I created the project with the project manager of LE 3, I loaded the project and updated to VS 2012.

When I try to compile I get this error:

Error 3 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_MSC_VER': value '1600' doesn't match value '1700' in App.obj

Does it mean that LE 3 is compiled with other version so it is not compatible the version?, Its LE 3 supported with VS 2012? or do I need to recompile the engine?.

Best regards.

Rick thanks for your answer. Ok I will load VS 2010 but I really hope that LE3 in the near future supports Visual Studio 2012.

VS 2012 is supported in Windows 7 and 8, the only difference is if you want to do Windows store apps that one needs Windows 8 but we don't need that. Anyway the new VS 2012 IDE and Compiler for C++11 is very nice additions.

Best.

• Upvote 1

For me it works as well. Also the XP fact is just wrong. While indeed you can't install it on XP, you can still develop and deploy to XP.

Another hint: in the projects settings you can choose which compiler to use. So you can still use vs2010 or vs2008 compilers.

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

Another hint: in the projects settings you can choose which compiler to use. So you can still use vs2010 or vs2008 compilers.

To use the older compilers, don't you need the older versions installed?

Makes no difference to me, I'm an XP'er, but I know code blocks also allowed you to use VS2005 and VS2008 compilers, but you had to have them installed to do that. But that's probably down to copyright. Microsoft shouldn't have that problem because it's their product so I don't know.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Some people don't upgrade their software if it works fine. New versions usually bring new bugs and new problems. The only reason I upgraded from XP to 7 was because my new PC had 16GB RAM. Win7 is still horrible and slow, but at least it can use my RAM. Win8 is even more slow and horrible. I think Microsoft has a clear direction: more horrible, more slow is the goal for the next Windows version.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

The only reason I upgraded from XP to 7 was because my new PC had 16GB RAM. Win7 is still horrible and slow, but at least it can use my RAM

I did the same in 2008. Had a Windows XP computer, and a Windows 2000. I got a quad core AMD Phenom processor, but each of these Windows version were locked to 2 CPUs each (physical or logical), I would have to upgrade to Vista or newer. So I upgraded Windows 2000 ... to Debian Linux. The version at that time did support it, but the system clock counted twice as fast as it should have done. There was no excuse for it because Debian has been running in data centres for years, with servers having hundreds if not thousands of physical and logical CPUs, but a few months later they fixed it.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

• 4 weeks later...

visiting an older thread, I tried what was mentioned above, put VS2010 v100 in the platform toolset and well i don't have the toolset installed. How do i install the toolset without installing the IDE?

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

I downloaded VS 2010 that seamed to fix my issue. Don't want the IDE taking up space but hey i got ~2TB of internal and ~2TB of external

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!