YouGroove

Strong Banning or Hate ?

Well it's off topic , so i can post i think.

I was using some other German 3D engine, and i was (perhaps too much) repeating lot of stuff was missing, workflow was super outdated, the editor and same interface and stuff remained the same from 2006.

Ok i could post too much, but i made the forum somewhat alive also, like proposing some month challenge or other ideas that didn't took up, i encourage some projects i liked.

Yes i have too much criticized and talked about concurrents, so i had been banned but strangely blink.png

In fact i posted i was leaving the engine and no more use it in a post, the more stupid is that the ban have occured because of too much responses i put in some thread i posted about me leaving it.

So i think the author, just thaught, ok he will never come back, he wil never be client anymore, let's ban him seriously.

So i was banned, but on all IP i used of all 2 PC.

-No access to forum with my login

-No more access to forum as guest

The admin could have just banned me for some time before a definitive ban ?

And i had any warning before the ban.

Caus well if they would make it lot better , who knows i could come back, so why not a "light" Ban to put attention ?

No he don't care , that's Ban when you say you leave the engine for others if you continue to come back and respond about other solutions that are better than a 2006 editor (sorry to be harsh, but it's reality)

Well indeed i have other PC or go to a cybercafe or use a proxy, create another mail adress and come back to forums.

But really, i just seen today, nothing as changed , no annoucement,all the same, nothing new, same promised stuff in Beta from 4 years and that never showed up ( vegetation editor , no particle editor, no terrain editor etc ...).

Users are just in the fog from months, only some words like "Android" will come, and no screenshot, nothing , no news, this is just a way to say like they always done : "Wait some years for it it will come"

So i don't regret the Ban finally, and i don't really want ot come back to that engine, that don't fit my needs.

If not , perhaps i would be toying with the engine even today , what is time loosing only.

Really, at least , after that choice of leaving, it's the best choice i could have made.

LE 3 is too much superior in terms of workflow, even Lua script after learning it.

And at least , what im' sure with LE 3 is we won't wait 1 or 2 years for some promised stuff or written in some rodamap? i hope biggrin.png

Well i never seen so strong Banning like that for a customer that have buyed last 3 of their commercial edition from 2006 and followed them until last edition :

No forum access at all even for guest for all my PC IP , without any warning.

It's just free and strong Hate.

At least here we have admin warnings (that i follow).

And people saying i post too much (what i try to follow these days, and i will try to remember)

I have a hard time figuring out why you posted that.

Apart from posting way to much, you should also get some english lessons. Sometimes it's really hard for me to understand what you try to say. I'm sorry if you are dyslexic, but if thats the case you should simply not post that much...

Your situation doesn't surprise me in the least. You are all talk and no 'go'...

lol read NA's post then immediately Groove's post afterwards... you will get a laugh XD

..im sorry if my question may sound rude, but, are you a lady ??

I'll answer this one quite clearly on his behalf... No way

At least here we have admin warnings (that i follow).

Can't say I've ever had an admin warning here. If you've had one here then perhaps it's something to look into, it might help you elsewhere

And people saying i post too much (what i try to follow these days, and i will try to remember)

Well, I did find it funny you mentioned how easy Leadwerks 3 was in the "LE3 adverts" thread, and then followed up by asking at least 30 odd questions in the programming section on things which sound rather simple. But that's a guess because I don't own LE 3.

And at least , what im' sure with LE 3 is we won't wait 1 or 2 years for some promised stuff or written in some rodamap? i hope biggrin.png

I don't see you won't be waiting. Back in 2009 when we moved off the old forum, there was a lot of talk about what the new engine was going to be. There was no talk of mobile back then. It had never been said for sure, but it was always suggested it was about 18 months away from being finished. So late 2010 to early 2011 is when we expected it. Things go wrong, and projects overrun, that's normal. In fact waiting until 2013 wasn't a problem for most of us.

But now, stuff which back in 2009 was promised to be in from the start, isn't... And we're going to be waiting 9 to 15 months before we're going to get that in the form of an upgrade we have to pay for. This was the one of the reasons users like Pixel Perfect and Scarlet thread with the currently offered Leadwerks 3. They had other things going on in life too, but this super dooper engine they'd waited for, turned out to not be so super dooper after all. If these missing features had been put back once, they can be put back again.

I saw a Pixel perfect post in ethenthel forum when I took a look at it. He has been there since january.

I saw a Pixel perfect post in ethenthel forum when I took a look at it. He has been there since january.

Sorry to have to correct you Cassius but I only joined their forum on March 1st and licensed it a few days later, maybe their use of American date format misled you.

@YouGroove - I wish someone would ban you from here. Will you stop posting noise in this forum, OffTopic or not, and just get on with your game. Does having a high number of posts 'get you off'?

Serious though, just get on with some dev will you... try and not post for 3 days (i bet you can't)! rolleyes.gif

This was the one of the reasons users like Pixel Perfect and Scarlet thread with the currently offered Leadwerks 3.

Oh, this doesn't make any sense does it? I meant it to say

This was the one of the reasons users like Pixel Perfect and Scarlet Thread were disappointed with the currently offered Leadwerks 3.

And whilst I'm about it, I should say I believe they were disappointed - for this reason amongst others

I think disillusioned is the better word, but hey, that's all past history now. I've moved on and couldn't be more happy with my new situation :)

But to get back on topic ... YouGroove ... you do talk way too much, often deviating so far from your original point that your audience has lost the will to live by the time they have read it. The general consensus is right imo ... expend your energy on making games instead. It's a win win situation for you and everybody else.

Serious though, just get on with some dev will you... try and not post for 3 days (i bet you can't)!

@fallingbrickwork :

It will be hard, i would have to not use LE3 during 3 Days, so no bugs or no questions.

expend your energy on making games instead. It's a win win situation for you and everybody else.

@Pixel Perfect :

You are right.