cassius

forum down?

Was this website down for several hours last night?

Or is it just my problem?

It happens quite a lot.

And people saying offline docs are not necessary cool.png

I was using LE 3, but found i could not code or test something new, without site access.

(I'll have to retry the special tool that allows to save sites in disk drive, it failed last time)

Allegedly the whole Internet is being attacked. Strange, this is the only site I noticed it happening to yesterday.

I'm on the side of anti-spam. I'm old enough to remember a time when spam was overwhelming. These days I hardly ever encounter it unless I click the spam button in Gmail to check if a real email got lost in it. I have to say overall the anti-spam guys are doing a good job.

IP board sucks, they have major problems even in their core version and they don't care to fix them.

I would suggest a bare Debian server with Apache+PHP+SQLite3 and do your own forum. There is no good forum on the planet.

If you use an existing one, you get spammed nonstop (because they spammer have robots for all existing forums), so better make your own with a spam protection which no human can guess. For example questions like: who is Jesus (and the answer is of course: Sirius).

Mumbles you are just incomprehensible to me. Would you please write a book? Just any kind of book as long as you name it : The Mumbling Manifesto or the World According to Mumbles. And remember it could be anything, even a 1 page cook book