LE3 : Android bad project Path

I have LE 3 installed on : C:\LE3

I deployed "Darkness" dem on Android using Project Manager.

So it was deployed under : c:\LE3\ ...

BUT :

The generated Android file : NDK Builder.launch

is not correctly generated caus it contains that declaration :

<mapEntry key="NDK_PROJECT_PATH" value="C:\Leadwerks\Projects/DarknessAwaits/Projects/Android"/>

And i have LE 3 installed in C:\LE3 , so the demo game was deployed in C:\LE3\ ...

So it can''t work.

Actually LE 3 have lot of stuff "hard coded" in some way, that will just work if you choose default directory as installation folder.

And lot of strange bugs i had when trying to make custom content and stuff sad.png

Stop toying and make games

So install to C:\Leadwerks and be done with your problem. Is the name of the directory really something to worry about from your end? You want C:\LE3 so badly?

Does it suck it's hardcoded? Sure. Is it really a valid excuse for giving up? I don't think so.

Again? What are you talking about? Default install is C:\Leadwerks. You have C:\LE3. That's not the default dir. If you already installed in teh default dir and work out of that dir why does yours say C:\LE3?

And even with the new install of LE 3 (in c:\Leadwerks) , the publish in project manager only is ok, but PC publish from roject Manager have a bug (the game just runs good) ?

Don't tell me we are not in a super Beta ? laugh.png

publishbug.jpg

Stop toying and make games

That seems to be because of a space in the project name. So don't put spaces in the project name. Problem solved. Yes there are problems and a good number of them can be worked around, and Josh and Chris will be back today/Sunday/Monday to address them. You are free to do what you want obviously, but every engine has it's problems and a new engine will have more problems but Josh does well at fixing those problems imo.

It is recommended you install Leadwerks to C:/Leadwerks on Windows, or you will have to configure a lot of things yourself. We do not have full control over the Android tool chain, and it is very badly designed. Our system makes the process about ten times easier, but Android is still a mess and there's only so much we can do to protect you from it.

The project manager can handle spaces. It removes the spaces when it creates the path, because NDK cannot handle spaces.

If there is a separate bug from the original issue please create a new thread.