Duplicate key and menu

YouGroove

I aks it again to not forge that tiny but important thing that would improve workflow :

A button or shortcut to duplicate (to avoid each time : copy and paste)

Also some otpion to not have offsets in all axis when duplicating some object.

Another subjects, when putting lights in the level, we have some sort of wireframe circles, but sometimes it's hard to see where the light is in the 3D view , caus these wireframe circles, are always displayed about geometry.

Some 3D circles models gizmos would be better.

lights_gizmo.jpg

Stop toying and make games

I agree with this feature.

@Pancakes: What he means is when you ctrl+C and ctrl+V, you copy an object. however this new object has an offset to the original object. When you want to copy paste more objects next to each other, you always have to make sure that you align everything correctly again.

If there is no offset, how would the user visually know that anything happened?

FYI, you can presently hold the control key and drag an object to copy it.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

For the offset, the problem comes for any 3D tiles, walls or floors models that are not BSP

For example i have some floor and just want to duplicate it and move it in X axe.

that's really borring if each time there is some offset on all axis, caus we have to realign it in Y and Z.

For a project using lot of modular 3D models, this can make you waste time.

Just wish if we could have that in some menu option just a checkbox :

Offset / no Offset on duplicate ?

The new duplicated object should be selected by default.

What if it was offset on the two axes of the viewport? For example, if you were looking at the top view, it would offset along the X and Z axes. You could see it was a new object, and it would only require repositioning in one viewport...which you will be doing anyways since you are probably not going to leave the object in the same spot as the original.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I actually made a suggestion that sort of has something to do with what I think he is talking about. In Blade3d, there were upwards of 2 levels of 20 alignment commands inside of the editor that the use could combine in various combinations. Such as Duplicate and Drop to Terrain. So that you could then select them both in order to duplicate any object no matter where it was onto the floor itself. This meant that you could have a terrain with hills and just hover objects over it and duplicate a copy of it down to the terrain. It's difficult to explain. But Blade3d was a brilliant editor.

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

In the case i show, it's lot more simple i mean :

Duplicate some object that would be placed at the exact same place as the original.

This way if we just need to align objects in X axis you have just to move the new object along X, Z and Y beeing the same as original object.