cassius

text to speech

I want to do some vocals in my game. Does anyone know of a free text to speech app that can save to wav format?

Yeah. I have done some speech myself, but my microphone is on the blink at the moment. Thanks for answers.

The ones I have tried are too laconic in phrasing I need a bit more passion in the voice tones so I will look for a better mike.

You'd think one could find a cheap place to have different people do readings of some text.

The Leadwerks community could read some lines probably. You even have various accents to choose from. Though every speaking character in your game would have to be male most likely. Me, I don't have a mic and I'm a horrible actor anyway.

If you want the college professor/ surfer dude voice then you can ask Josh,

if you want the thoughtful/artsy foreigner voice you can ask afecelis

If you want the voice of truth itself you have no further to look than Mumbles

Have never made a voiceover myself. But if you need german language or a german accent you could ask me too. :)

I think we need just a bit of information about the characters.

Maybe some here could also help out with female voices if you ask nicely.

I need a female voice that says " My father ,the king, is held captive by evil men. I will rescue him and bring him home. That is my mission"

I sometimes use audacity to raise the voice pitch and my own voice can sound female which sounds quaint as I am a big hairy guy.tongue.png

Thanks for the link pancakes.

I need a female voice that says " My father ,the king, is held captive by evil men. I will rescue him and bring him home. That is my mission"

I sometimes use audacity to raise the voice pitch and my own voice can sound female which sounds quaint as I am a big hairy guy.tongue.png

Thanks for the link pancakes.

your story sounds interesting, keep me posted man

I tried to install iona 30 day trial but the setup thinks I have no internet connection (which I do have) and won;t work.

The connection was ok.

what do you need a trial for, you can record the audio with fraps and then use windows movie maker or something to rip the audio from the video

glad I could help, it's a little bit ghetto but it works, but if u release your game your probably going to want to buy their service (or they might sue you, I dunno)

This is also an interesting option:

http://voicebunny.com/

Though they charge, their prices are reasonable and they got people from all around the world who can record what you need in any language.

Check their reel, it's very impressive!

@Pancakes: thanks for recommending me! Lol! ;)