Project Manager Issue?

3Dski7059

First, I was going to post under Bug Reports, but see I apparently don't have access to any areas except this one. Sorry if I'm not reporting/posting this improperly.

I'm using the trial version of Leadwerks 3. Selecting a specific project from the Project Manager isn't opening up its corresponding map, which I think would be the expected behavior. Instead, editor views are empty and I have to explicitly open the map via the "File" menu. It does properly switch to the correct directory tree.

This is more of a design issue...a project is a game, and can have many maps. Should it by default open (Project)/Maps/start.map, or maybe the last map opened for this project? I can see how a blank map could be confusing.

• Upvote 1

Okay, so now we have a per-project value for "last map opened". Where to store it? Will Leadwerks modify project files, and resave them, because presently it does not.

Automatically opening start.map, if it is present, only when the "open last map" option is enabled might be a good behavior.

Yes... I honestly wasn't thinking of it on a per project basis, but that is the real problem. That sounds like a good idea. I do see that it does remember the last session when you start the next time. How does the IDE remember the last project/map when it gets reopened? If it saves this info at shut down, it could maybe save this project-"last map" at that time. Also, it could maybe prompt the user if they want to remember the last map when they switch projects. I can think of lots of times in my career where I want to look back on some other code (another project) to remember how I did something, In doing so, I'd like to know that I'm returning to the previous state of the original project I was working on. On other occasions, I might really be done and just want to move on... but, if I did say I want it to remember that map, then it would open up to that map the next time I opened the project.... kind of think out loud.

I was just surprised to change projects and see empty map windows : ) If current users are used to it, I can live with it too : ) Its not a bug, and if need to work on real problems, I'd focus on those. Hell... I'd like Boolean CSG operations more than the IDE remembering the last map I was in when I was switching projects... teeeheee : ). Seriously, thanks for your time and commitment!